Song 8 - "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams

Maybe it’s a setting, but mine does.

Thanks, good to know, I’ll look into. I actually like the tuner interface a lot and would use it all the time if it muted.

Yeah, I checked. Put it in tuner mode, and if it says “BYPASS” in the lower right on the screen, turn dial 1 clockwise and it should say “MUTE”. From there, counter-clockwise will put it back into bypass mode. Personally, I have a few different clip-on tuners, but much prefer the B1 tuner. HTH.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! That did it, now I like my B1Four even more :+1:

4 Likes

Well, I didn’t spend much time on this one but here

5 Likes

Nice @doylecb great job all around.
Good timing.

1 Like

Nicely done!

How do you like the acoustic bass? I’ve been musing about getting one. Even had one picked out (Ibanez aeg24e).

Psst @groaner a Ubass buddy is where it’s at :wink: Sounds awesome plugged in.

4 Likes

Thanks man! I dig the acoustic. I really just got it to keep in my living room and for sitting on the couch but after I put flats on it and worked out the details of plugging it in without feedback I’m really liking the tone.

1 Like

Thanks @Barney I have 2!

1 Like

Sounds great. Maybe a new father’s day option!

@Barney What type of strings do you have on that UBass? I currently have Aquila Thunderbrowns on and they rattle something fierce. I’ll have to swap them out, sadly. I love the feel.

I have the Gallistrings Flatwounds. Nice thump. Very quiet acoustically, not so great for sitting in the deck unplugged

1 Like

Cool! I love the plugged in sound. Perhaps if the Rumblers work out for my rubber strings I’ll turn the other one into a flatwound.

Decided to knock out one more today… this was another “one and done” video, ran through the tab once, played with the original once and recorded. I refuse to spend any more time on this one… lol. I just can’t do it, just I can’t. Obviously could be a bit better if I put any more effort into it, but I’m done (kept Reaper in the video, reversed the screens - which one do you like better? I think I like this way better, covers up some of the hanging clothes in the background… heh)

https://youtu.be/QUSq-XmJDn0

2 Likes

sounds pretty darn good to me @brik1970 !!

I don’t think the reaper visuals do a whole lot for me, can’t really see what’s happening and if I could - what does it enhance? I’d rather see you bopping your head.

Thank you for your comments. To be honest, Reaper in the corner covers some of the clutter, hanging clothes and wife’s garments a bit (obviously I missed some here, whooops). Maybe I’ll just cover it with a graphic or something instead in the future.

I had fun with this one! I did re-record it with my Flea Bass and of course didn’t take good notes on the setup… Anyways, I originally wanted to record with my fretless bass but decided to go with the Flea Bass.

Played with Flea Jazz Bass + Foam Mute
Neck Volume 100% Tone 100%
Bridge Volume 100% Tone 0%

Plugged into Darkglass Microtubes 500v2 then XLR Out to Volt 276. Volt using GTR Comp setting + Vintage. Recorded with Garageband and OBS. Finished with iMovie.

Thanks for checking it out!

4 Likes

Here is my version. Had to go black&white for this one :slight_smile:

This was fantastic!

1 Like