Soundbrenner Pulse

Has anyone here tried one of these?

I’ve been using the Soundbrenner app for couple years and have been curious about this. I saw a good deal on Reverb and jumped on it.
It just arrived, so I’ll give it a try.

5 Likes

Interesting, I would like to give one a try if it is any good. I will await your review.

4 Likes

It totally screams “gadget”, but glad to hear you’ll take it for a spin for the rest of us!!

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking that too, but I keep seeing favorable reviews on YouTube and elsewhere and my curiosity got the best of me. Also, I had a minor GAS attack.

8 Likes

Been seeing adverts for those on Facebook for some time already. I never really considered getting one though. Glad you’re testing that one @PamPurrs and waiting for your review :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You seem to be having a lot of those lately, it must be contagious as I feel them come on alot too.

I never saw one til just now. I think it could be perfect because I live with other people and they infest my bass room (which is in a corner in the living room) all the time, and I always feel a bit odd putting an audible metronome on. If this one pulses for timekeeping, it would be great to be able to use in a crowd, for me at least.

4 Likes

Oh wow, they are a pretty penny!!
What did you pay for yours.
I mean this one I found cost a pedal and shipping cost a tuner.

3 Likes

That’s partly why I haven’t bothered with it until now. But Soundbrenner was having a sale and kept emailing me about it, which sparked my interest and ignited the GAS. That led me to check Reverb to see if anyone was selling one, and bingo! There was one listed for $90 with free shipping (If I bought it from Soundbrenner for their sale price I would have paid $15 for shipping).

4 Likes

What was the sale price?
What other products to they make that you use, and don’t use i suppose. i never heard of them before.

2 Likes

I believe it was like $80 but when I went to the order page, the shipping was $15 which brought the price up to $95. So I got the better deal buying it on Reverb for $90 with free shipping. It’s in mint condition, even came in the original box.

3 Likes

I almost bought it a couple of months ago. But a lot of reddit bad reviews (materials, the app, and some allegations of time not being well kept) made me not commit to the impulse. I’m still really curious about it, though. Please let us know!

4 Likes

Reddit is a cesspool of misinformation. I never pay any attention to what people say on there about ANY topic.

I’ll definitely be evaluating it

5 Likes

Everything on the web feels so unreliable nowadays :frowning:

5 Likes

As long as you fully understand this, read. whatever you feel like. its all just fluff entertainment these days, get joy out of it and leave it when you go.

3 Likes

Here it is folks, the long awaited review of the Soundbrenner Pulse.

In a word…

Tragic

I had a terrible time getting it to pair with my phone, and then when I did, I have been unable to get it to behave like I have it setup in the app. Worse yet, it would randomly unpair, and I would have to go through the contortion of pairing it again. Imagine that happening at a gig.

Documentation is dreadful, and so are the “How-to” videos they provide. Even worse, is the company support. Several questions I emailed to Soundbrenner were answered with cryptic responses that were absolutely useless.

I did get it to work in a 'half-assed" sort of way, and determined that for practice, my drum machine is adequate. I would never trust this on a gig (for reasons mentioned above).

I’m flipping it on Reverb and will likely lose money. I consider it the cost of learning a lesson. I am sharing my lesson with all of you. Don’t buy this product.

8 Likes

It’s a real shame! I was really looking forward to try that gadget sometime as the traditional metronome annoys the hell out of me.

Although I questioned web reliability a few posts above, I fully trust your opinion and experiences :wink: . I will try to forget it exists. If instagram let me… :joy:

5 Likes

@gcancella don’t let my experience influence you. Maybe you would have better luck with it. You might try ordering one from Amazon and return it during the return window. If you like it and it works for you, you can shop on Reverb for a deal on a used one.

5 Likes

The thing is… your voice is one I trust. Adding that to all the other bad reviews (there were good ones also) I read back then… seems to be a no-brainer. I guess some lessons are destined to be learnt through others

Amazon return policy unfortunately doesn’t work that well for me. We don’t have Amazon here in Portugal just in our neighbour Spain or UK, so I have to pay for shipping to return it (not much but it’s wasted money).

6 Likes

@gcancella, you could try ordering through Thomann, if you want to test it. They offer free returns. You’ll only need to buy some more stuff to get free shipping :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My question is how can you feel it if you are cranked and really rumbling…or is it like a taser or cattle prod on your wrist…If you get stuck with one hang onto it…might be able to use it as a pacemaker someday

3 Likes