Speaking of pet pictures

Ugh, this is gut-wrenching… we are dreading that day/time already… hopefully still another 7-8 years out… :dog:

7 Likes

The pic in the photo is on the back seat of my car on way to our sons place​:cry::cry:

5 Likes

@T_dub . . . I used to have a black Lab mix . . . great dog! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

So sad :cry:

6 Likes

I know how you feel, Brian @TNKA36 . . . :frowning:

I really miss my dog, too . . .

6 Likes

@Mac
Dogs, Cats riding motorcycles, horsieeees! Okay I’m not that into horses except for studying the color and lighting for my warhammer figurines with horses :smiley:

@Mark_UK
Almost made the error of thinking it’s the same dog with different lighting. They are both adorable!

@T_dub
A shame that there’s no picture of Mallory Knox. My girlfriend is in charge of pictures so I always have some of us and our pets. She… she shoots way too many and sometimes I whish back the simpler times of having to buy a film roll with a limited amount of pictures for the camera.
Sirious is a real cutie! Love the puppy pictures. Who doesn’t love puppy pictures?

@TNKA36
That is really sad. I’d the say the most dreaded moment of any pet owner.

Yeah. My girlfriend had another cat before our two now. She was old already so it was kind of easy to accept and then again it’s never easy to accept.
Her liver gave out and the poor thing just kept drinking and drinking and meowing in a heartbraking way. We had a really nice and understanding vet who made a home visitation for the euthanazitaion.

That is the old girl. We got her from an old lady who died and then Ginger (name of the cat) did not have a home anymore. She was a very chill old lady she was. In some regards she didn’t behave very cat like because she listened to commands of my gf. “Come gingi, let’s go to sleep.” and she would jump into bed and curl up to cuddle.

20 Likes

My X wife was in charge. We even had a pro pet photographer take really nice photos of her. Used to have them in our old place.

She tells me she doesn’t know where they are :roll_eyes:

One of the saddest and hardest days in my life.

6 Likes

I feel your pain mate all too well.
We wouldn’t have Moo if our eldest girl hadn’t dropped her on us.
I still haven’t got over the loss of Coco ,our Staffy. We took her on at 11 years old advertised on Facebook to go to a good home. Snapped her up straight away and had a wonderful 18 months with her until she passed due to lymphoma :cry:

18 Likes

Awe, yep it’s hard.

Mallory we picked out at 6 weeks and picked up at 8 weeks, raisedher as our chil befor we even had children.

She developed a brain tumor at 10, and it would have cost a fortune to possibly keep her alive another year tops, and no way to know what the quality of that year would have been. May have been pain and misery for all we knew.

Man, I left the vet office in tears, and I went and got straight loaded.

8 Likes

Labradors are probably the best family dog, in my opinion. Friendly, always willing to play, and protective.

I have a weak spot for German Shepherds – I grew up amonng them. Fiercely loyal, smart as fornicate, and very protective. But that protectiveness can be bothersome for famlies – if you venture further into the sea than the dog likes, he’ll jump up against you and try to push you back towards the beach.

On vacation in Brittanny, I actually had to rescue our German Shepherd – my mom and stepfather had floated off on airbeds in a bay, and the dog had gone after them to get them back… but for dogs, swimming a couple hundred meters is thoroughly exhausting.

I am here to tell you that swimming a couple hundred meters trying to rescue a dog is also fairly exhausting, even for a fit 16 year old lad.

In other news, this dog has saved the lives of at least two cats.

10 Likes

That sounds like gender crossing, or cross breeding, or something sac relig like that.
Dogs saying cats? What is this world coming to??

Hahaha, kidding.

I agree, but have to Add Rotts.
They are great companion / family dogs. There re no bad Rotts, there are bad rott owners.
Loyalty beyond belief, but not so high strung you can’t go swimming. They are a lil less anxious I guess.

Oh man, all this talk of dogs. I miss Sirius. I don’t go to my parents house cuz of Covid, and my daughter and her dog live with them while she is in college.

And I miss Mallory.

Now I want another dog. Badly.

7 Likes

This is Chloe. My 12 year old Dachshund. She died in my arms in March. She was so good for me, during my father’s passing in 2014, and when my Mom and Mother In Law died a week apart last year. Unconditional love… I will miss her until I can hold her again.

25 Likes

:sob:

4 Likes

Hey guys,
I read all the responses and what I think this group would anticipate is that we all appreciate how important pets are to us on so many different levels.
They are always happy to see us, want to be part of our lives in every way, provide us with unconditional love and remain protectively loyal regardless of the situation.
Unfortunately we have decided that we won’t have any more pets because when it’s time to say goodbye it’s to hard.
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

(Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7 Likes

She’s a lovely dog @Krussell29, so sad you lost her :sob:

6 Likes

So sorry for your loss.
I had a roommate for a very short time, it was not a good match between my last wife and her.
She had a dog that developed distemper while he was there, and she had to put him down.

I went with her, she was an emotional basket case, understandably, and I did not want her to go thru this alone. She wanted to have me hold the dog as the Dr euthanized him in the room so she could be with him til the end.

It was not my dog, I only new him a short time, and he was nasty during that time because of his medical condition.

It was still emotionally taxing for me to go thru that experience, and be comforting to this woman thru a difficult time, one I had been thru before.

It is never easy to put pets down, even when it’s a dog you only knew a few weeks and he was a little $h!¥.

I do agree the life spent with them is enriching and fulfilling enuf that I rather have that and deal with the loss in a healthy grieving process, then to go without that unconditional love that only a 4 legged friend can provide.

I can see the other view on this as well, neither choice is wrong (as long as you are a caring and responsible pet owner) and is right for the person(s) making it.

I will own at least another dog in my lifetime.

8 Likes

Oh, man…

You know what they say, right? All those dogs are waiting for their owners, frolicking around on some eternal pastures with all the other dogs, and when they see you coming, their ears prick up and they come a-running, never having doubted for a second that they will see you again…

:dog:

13 Likes

Losing a pet is gut-wrenching. And for me, losing a dog is the worst. I’m just a dog person I guess, but I’ve really bonded with our dogs. Our current dog is adorable and I dread the idea of losing her someday so much that I literally cannot think about it.

So much sympathy to all of you who have lost yours.

10 Likes

“Rainbow Bridge” . . . :slight_smile:

5 Likes