Still so much to celebrate

Hi everybody.
On the 31st of September I fell ill, and had a fever of about 102, and an huge headache.
Due to the symptoms and the pandemoniac state of the world these days, I basically quarantined myself in my new apartment. My daughter and her boyfriend remained OK, and I locked myself in the room and wore a mask and used more hand sanitizer then I have ever used before in my life.
On Monday morning my mom called the paramedics and they came to read my fever and check me for other Covid symptoms and check me for COVID, as well as check my daughter and her Boyfriend.

I remained asymptomatic for Covid and the fever and headache subsided by Tuesday morning. Wed morning I woke up and my right leg was beet red, from the tips of my toes to the top of my knee, with some open sores that were draining pretty heavily.

I again called the paramedics and checked myself into the hospital on Oct 1st with a leg infection and complications from draining wounds.

I have remained on the hospital until earlier today when I was released.

Prior to going to the hospital, I had ZERO health insurance, and the help of Financial aide and hospital social workers I was helped to sign up for Medicaid, and although I was released from the hospital today, I was also approved for full medical coverage thru the state, so, the treatment that I received thus far (a true blessing) was covered, and I can now move forward to see the proper doctors and health care professionals that will be able to help me to continue to recover from this horrible leg infection that I got.

I also wanted to touch, on a side note a little towards the original content of this thread when it satrted by @101 back on June 16th last summer, as it rings home true with me and where I was during this hospital stay.

On this past Friday, October 16th of 2020, while I was in the Hospital, I also celebrated 1 year of sobriety. Any year and addict or alcoholic stays clean and sober is an amazing accomplishment, and there is really no way to minimize any amount of time that those of us that have the disease go thru day to day. it is just as hard sometimes to get 1 day as it is ` month, or 1 week, or 1 hour, there is no amount of time, big or small that is not a miracle for any of us.

I want to say this, because this is not my first time around, and i have had 1 year clean and sober before. I have had more then 1 year, I have had more then 5 years in the past, but I can tell you that this time around, with the things that I have had to endure in this year of sobriety, every second was HUGE for me to get thru.

My daughter almost died twice
I almost died 2 times
I have lost job and money, insurance, 401k, etc… and had issues with my other daughter and I have had, I have gone thru alot this past year.

I am not asking for your empathy, I have done plenty to myself that makes me believe that I deserves some, if not all of the bad things that have happened over the past few years.
But what I did get out of this was a new family of Bass Buzzers, a new hobby that is rich in therapy, and long and rich in friends and mentors and teachers and helpers alike. I have found so much playing bass and being part of the Bass Buzz Community that I don’t know what i would do without it / and all of you.

This last 3 weeks when I was in the hospital fighting for my health, I was very fearful that i was going to lose this, and as I found out that I had my health, sobriety, family, friends, children, basses, amps, etc…etc…etc…
It all made me realsize how rich of a man I am and how blessed of a life I have and that I am thankful and grateful to share this with you, in as small and as big a way as I can, thank you all for being here for me, you have really made this fight worth fighting and this milestone worth achieving.

Thank you to
ALL, and I MEAN ALL OF YOU.
Bass BUZZ and Bass BUZZ ON!!!
Forever and a day!
Bass ON!

25 Likes

Welcome back, man!

7 Likes

Welcome back T you have been missed brother!

7 Likes

Thanks Howard, its been rough being away for so long

7 Likes

Yeah, being laid up in the hospital sucks.
Being played up and not getting to play BASS, OR follow up with Bass Buzz, even worse. LOL

7 Likes

Well glad your feelin better and back. Let the good times roll! You got a lot of catching up to do

6 Likes

Congratulations on one year’s sobriety @T_dub
and so much more :+1:

Good to have you back onboard brother :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac. Thanks very much for the sentiment, and thanks for being a part of it.

6 Likes

It’s great to see you @T_dub. We were all VERY worried about you.

6 Likes

It’s what “family “ is all about @T_dub

6 Likes

@T_dub Congrats on all of the positive announcements. Keep it up, I’m rooting for you!

7 Likes

Thanks Pam and @architecht13, I feel privileged to be a part of this group and am happy to give back in any way, shape, form that I can.

6 Likes

Hold on to your daughter and family. That whats most important. Second your health. Third congrats on you one year. Everything else is just icing (which i hate. Never understood that) on top. Basses and us we are like furniture. We will always be here.

7 Likes

Yeah, the scary thing was that my daughter ended up at the same hospital as me, on the same floor, but they released her to a different hospital because her Foot Amputation doctor works out of a different hospital.
She did not ned surgery, and just needed some antibiotics to clear up an infections she is having on her leg. This was right when she was supposed to be going back to work after being off since last March 3rd.
She still have some antibiotics to run a course thru, and then should be back to work after that, but, you can say that it has been a rough ride overall around this part of town. LOL

8 Likes

Hey Toby, @T_dub,
Glad to have you back with your B2B family, everyone is here to support you and is looking forward to you giving your RAY a big cuddle and sharing your music with us allđź‘Ť Real soon.
It takes courage to share your personal story and it demonstrates that you have the internal strength to get through any crisis and be better for it into the future.
Funny I watched a YouTube video today with Joe Walsh talking about his battles and how he has been sober since 1994, if you or anyone else on B2B is interested in having a look, it is very inspirational :+1: :sunglasses:
He also has a great song about “Family” which I thought everyone could relate to in some way👍
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome back Toby!

Man, it’s great to hear you managed to come through all this and it’s good to have you back.

7 Likes

It’s great to have you back Toby! The forum wasn’t the same without you.

9 Likes

There’s not much that I can add that others haven’t said.

We’re very happy you’re back! You were missed af.

7 Likes

Hey @T_dub, I’m just new here but I get what you’re saying about this community, they’re awesome. I admire your honesty in telling your story and admire your conviction. Stick with it mate, we’re all richer for meeting people like you.

4 Likes

good thing you’re back, we have music mans to acquire

6 Likes