Strap Locks

True punks don’t have hard cases. Grolsch-lock don’t care about hard cases.

3 Likes

True punks must not have little children that like to mess with and damage everything they can then. :laughing:

4 Likes

True punks drink the Grolsch and damage their own things before the kids can get to it :slight_smile:

In all seriousness though, this is a good argument for a strap lock system. They unlock and come off in seconds.

4 Likes

Right now I have just a single bass and and single guitar (which I don’t really play), and each have their own strap. For now the Grolsch Lock system will work until I get a second bass, but I really need to get much better before I can start looking at a new bass!

3 Likes

If you go down the Grolsch washer route, here’s something for you to use the rest of the mechanism for. It was pure chance that this came up on my Pinterest feed.

So the benefits of the Grolsh system are; 1 beer, 1 dangly ornament for your boot laces (usually 2 recommended), 1 guitar strap securer (2 required), 1 folding guitar stool joint (minimum 3 required), and 1 green bottle to put some pretty flowers in (any flower will do).

5 Likes

I’m resurecting this thread … I’m thinking about an old strap lock system, I can’t remember the exact name. it’s some kind of black plastic disc with a rotating disc inside and when you rotate this inner disc it locks the strap, using a standard (non strap-lock) strap button.

not sure I’m clear … not sure at all :frowning:

if someone knows the name of this thing, I would be interested because I don’t want to install standard strap locks on my Grabber (because the strap button are not well located for that)

thanks !

2 Likes

I’m thinking D’Addario Planet Lock, or possibly the Ernie Ball Pollock system.

3 Likes

thank you but no, that’s something else :frowning:

2 Likes

Ernie Ball Polylock I meant… Autocorrect messed that up. Maybe it’s the Dunlop Lok Strap?

3 Likes

YES that’s it !!! thank you very much @Mike_NL !

2 Likes

I knew it sounded familiar… They come in a set of three as well!

2 Likes

yeah that’s not very logical to sell them by 3 but OK :joy:

2 Likes

got the ernie ball ones for the bongo. nice straplocks and they look cool on it.

3 Likes

Well, I got the Schallers for my new bass build I completed a few months ago, and I got an unexpected benefit.

The Grolsch System certainly works; my leather strap will hold on very securely with those washers. However, putting the bass on there’s a bit of negotiating to make sure the strap has no twist in it. The Schallers make getting putting the bass on without twists really easy; the free movement at the locks allow you to untwist the strap very easily. It wasn’t something I was expecting, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

3 Likes

I use shallers on my p bass. Love them.

2 Likes

Use Schaller S-Locks on all my Instruments too

2 Likes

@kwt7667

Those locks are awesome! It’s such a luxury when I am recording and swapping out between guitar and bass to be able to keep the strap on, pull one instrument off the wall, snap it in, without losing momentum. Highly recommend!

2 Likes

Isn’t it easier to just have a separate strap on each of them?

@akos
Yep, you can have a separate strap everytime you buy an instrument, but I use a neoprene wide strap and don’t want to currently buy 3! (Im sure that # will increase haha)

I also don’t like how they would look with straps hanging on the wall. (But that’s just personal preference :grin:)

5 Likes

I may be the odd man out here, but I personally don’t have a need for strap locks.

Each of my basses has its own strap. I like wide heavy leather straps. Once I put the strap on the bass, it stays on.

Due to the stiffness of the leather putting the strap over the button for the first time can be difficult, and once on it is very secure.

Since I never remove the strap the leather stays stiff and the strap stays securely on.

I agree that it would look sloppy to have basses with straps hanging on a wall (I use stands).

I guess this habit of never removing the strap comes from back in the day, when my “strap lock” consisted of replacing each strap button with a wood screw and a large flat washer. :smiley:

3 Likes