Strap Locks

+2

1 Like

I didn’t believe in them at first. Had a strap on my base that I could hardly get on the strap buttons. Thought it never would come off. Well guess what. I’m a believer in strap blocks now and I have Schaler strap locks on everything I own. You only need one complete set because it will have more pieces for the strap and two buttons. You can buy extra buttons to put on all your other guitars if you want to.

Installation is really easy. Phillip screwdriver, unscrew the old button, put the new button on.

Ran into the same problem. Wanted longer and larger screws the heads were too big to go in the buttons. But the larger screw in a drill, spin it against a sanding belt or something that will grind down the diameter of the head just enough that it will fit inside the strap lock button.

I’d like to get locks for my acoustic/electric Fender Kingman but the button is also the input jack.
Any suggestions for such a beast?
I hate putting the strap on that button too because the hole on the strap is so much smaller and the fit isn’t quite great. I’m always nervous with it.

I should have checked amazon first!
https://www.amazon.ca/Nomad-Acousti-Lok-Strap-Lock-Adaptor/dp/B07PRPVP3B

The Ernie Ball Poly lock uses the existing button.

1 Like

The lock is built into a new strap? I have lots of straps.
That’s all I get when googleing Ernie Ball Poly lock

1 Like

You can try old school rubber strap locks. Straps aren’t interchangeable but it works.

Ernie Ball Strap Blocks, Rubber (P04603) Amazon.com

1 Like

Yes, and you can move the strap to any other basses you have

1 Like

With the strap I bought it came with rubber rings, but the jack port is too fat, and short so it won’t go on once the strap is on.
I may buy one nomad from the link above and see how that works.
Means I have to also buy the Schaller set too.

I find the Ernie Ball ones easier to get on and off

Either that or my fingers are stronger

1 Like

You can also unscrew the button, put the washer and strap on from the bottom of the button, and screw it back on

1 Like

I use Shaller strap locks on my electric and bass guitars.
On my acoustics I use either the rubber rings or have also used these, but prefer the rubber rings.

3 Likes

I can;t use the rubber ring on my acoustic, Not enough room between the strap and the button to squeeze it in. That D’Addario system looks like it would work if that hole is wide enough, Remember the button I need to secure also has the audio jack built in so it’s a wider button stem

1 Like

The hole is in the shape of a keyhole so it may fit.
I know what you mean about those strap pin/audio jack combos. I have several on my acoustic guitars.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

2 Likes