TalkingBass Sale

Ah good to know @sfadams – I heard about the site upgrade but not that the All-Access is going away. Probably a good call… AAP is a good way to preview his courses but it’s not really a replacement for purchasing them. And it’s hard to really know that until you’ve already spent the money.

2 Likes

I have never signed up for AAP because after doing some calculations in a spreadsheet (time/monthly payment), I determined in the bigger picture it’s more economical to purchase the courses I’m interested in. I have purchased 10 of his courses so far (all on sale) and have been 100% satisfied with each one. Not to mention, I have a nice library of spiral bound reference manuals that I printed out from the PDFs.

2 Likes

you are correct, I should have fixed that.

1 Like

Right thats great @PamPurrs ill keep an eye out… Ill probably have to buy first course full price… Lets hope theres a sale soon soI can get a couple more cheap.

Ha just saw your review on talkingbass your fame is growing.

1 Like

Oh… I didn’t even realize it was on there.

1 Like

Ye your picture and everything in the part that talks about the scales course.

1 Like

Wow, I just saw that. I sent that to Mark over a year ago, and never realized he actually put it on the site.

1 Like

Hey @PamPurrs do you know if talkingbass do a spring sale.? I finish b2b in a couple of days just wondering whether to wait or get a couple of courses straight away thanks.

1 Like

In my experience with TalkingBass, Mark announces sales unexpectedly for various reasons. I don’t recall if he has ever had any seasonal sales (Spring, Fall, etc.). I know in my time with the site, I have seen at least 4 sales. The first one was when he first released the Essential Scales course in summer of 2019, which was the first one I purchased. Since then I have seen them come and go. The only one I vividly recall was to celebrate the 7th anniversary of TalkingBass.
I have purchase all my courses during sales and have saved a passel of money. I would suggest you bite the bullet and buy at least one course now, and then start saving your money so you can buy a bunch of courses during the sale.
I’ll certainly keep you posted as soon as I catch wind of another sale.

1 Like

You get a small discount on your first course after you make an account as well.

3 Likes

I bought my first course on sale, so I didn’t get that discount, but the sale price was 30% off.

His courses are pretty reasonably priced for what you get, too - Something like $69 for a 53 lesson course, with Chord Tones.

1 Like

@PamPurrs right good to know I will probably just have to bite the bullet and dive in thanks

@howard I wonder if you would get a discount if you bought 2 for your first time…

1 Like

Give it a try. You can always remove one of the courses from your cart before you actually checkout.

1 Like

You will only get a discount on one I think. It’s a coupon code. But worth a shot.

2 Likes

Ye went for it got a 10 percent discount on the two courses which was cool better than nothing.

1 Like

Awesome! which two courses did you get?

1 Like

I got the essential scales course and the chord tones. Very excited!

3 Likes

Excellent! Those two courses compliment each other nicely. I finished the scales course first, and then moved to chord tones. Everything falls into place with chord tones.

2 Likes

Iv just followed what you have said to other people about it so thanks for that. I wouldnt have known what to do after otherwise. You guys have gone before us lol.

1 Like