TalkingNut - Peanut Butter: How to use, with what, or if at all?

So, having had a number of those, they are, actually, damned good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t eat banana. Hate it, lol.

Pro tip for long river expeditions / trips. Eat lots of raw green bananas at the start of the trip to bung you up, so you donā€™t need to dig as many holes.
Ripe bananas at the end of the trip, to help things move along :wink:

4 Likes

loved it. then became allergic in my 40s.
+1 for almond butter.

One of the best things about the many best things about going to Europe is that peanuts are replaced with real nuts in just about every regard.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably lose friends for this, but here goes.
I donā€™t like peanut butter. I donā€™t eat it.

4 Likes

Have always loved PB. Chunky. And Skippy was always the only right choice. But somewhat recently, I found that Wegmans brand is actually better than Skippy.

I will still eat a PB&J (Smuckers strawberry jam) for dinner, or PB on saltines (I tend to use that more as a snack tho).

I mean, PB has to be the reason that PB Cups are the best candy, right?

And while I originally thought this was an abomination:

I had one, and it was actually pretty goodā€¦

2 Likes

Actually PB ice cream is my favorite ice cream.

All good deserts contain salt :rofl:

The problem with Skippy and lots of other brands is that they arenā€™t really peanut butter. They are a PB-like processed food product.

Things that should go in PB:

• peanuts
  • salt

Things that should not go in PB:

• everything else

This is one of the few things I am religious about :rofl:

Actually Smuckers PB is quite good too, itā€™s just PB and salt. Or at least one of their PBā€™s keeps it real like that.

1 Like

Seriously, TMOT:

sooooo good.

my gut no longer likes me when I engage in a PB chowdown. I prefer smooth over Chunky

1 Like

Kirkland is Costco, right? Never had a Costco close enough to consider membership. Iā€™d be willing to give it a shot otherwise.

And while I donā€™t disagree with your religious belief that PB should have limited ingredients (hard to argue against that for any food, really), Iā€™ve just never found a ā€œnaturalā€ PB that I like as much as Skippy/Wegmans. Especially the ones that separate - just ruins the whole experience. :slight_smile: Seriously though, theyā€™re too dry or somethingā€¦

Yep! They carry it online too but I donā€™t know what the story is with their online-only memberships.

I was mostly joking (well, not for myself, but to each their own). Totally natural for people to like different things, and I have certainly eaten a lot of Skippys and other PB over the years.

We used to make a science of figuring out which MREā€™s had which function. Our conclusion was the ones with red sauce should be eaten later :slight_smile:

That reminds me (speaking of PB with additives). MRE PB and Cracker were awesome. I used to trade people the real entrees for them. That cracker would fill in fine if you lost your weapon, too. A throwing cracker.

Itā€™s thicker than it looks there. Itā€™s hard to describe how substantial those things are, for crackers.

1 Like

We had the equivalent called Biscuits Brown. They were so hard you had to let them sit in tea / coffee for about a minute or it was a trip to the dentist. Nobody ever wanted to trade for Biscuits Brown.

I did 3 months straight on rat packs once, good times!

1 Like

Nah, man. Itā€™s all good. We all like different basses, strings, genres, etc. It ainā€™t nothinā€™ but a thing.

As a spread for any cookies (macadamia is my favorite)
On top of ice cream
Full spoon in a glass and just pour some Coca Cola.

2 Likes

If that tasted anything like pb and chocolate Iā€™d be dead in a week, lol

3 Likes

4 Likes

OK Iā€™ll be the one to ask - What are they if not nuts?

3 Likes

Peanuts are legumes.

1 Like

not the MRESā€¦ugh. The old MRE bread was a good platform for the PB n J

1 Like