TalkingNut - Peanut Butter: How to use, with what, or if at all?

So are you saying that by storing it upside down, it doesn’t separate at all? I had heard that trick, but seems to me that it was just a convenience thing of having all the oil “on the bottom” once you flipped the jar over. If it separates, even if it’s “out of my way”, I’d still want to re-integrate it for the consistency…

1 Like

Ah yes - apples and PB - great stuff… I prefer a tarter apple like a Granny Smith to offset the sweetness - sweet apples make the combo seem too sweet IMO…

PB stored upside-down is actually integrated pretty well. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, you can stir it up even more if you like, but it’s so much better than having the oil in its own strata.

1 Like

Or get one of these. We have one and it works pretty well.

And if fits the glass jar of our local (Boston area) PB - Teddie’s: All Natural Peanut Butter Products - Teddie Natural Peanut Butter

The peanut butter will come out of the spoon.

People probably don’t want to know about the spiders that hitchhike on bananas.

1 Like

It’s true. I worked briefly in a grocery store in a high school job (it sucked, don’t recommend it). I’ve seen a Brown Jumping Spider in a banana box before.

Cool.

I’ve found a dishrag wrapped around the handle of a butter knife to be pretty sufficient too. Helps a lot.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but it’s at least peanut butter adjacent: Thai peanut sauce. Like that which comes with ~insert protein here~ sate. That stuff is amazing, I’ll add any of it that’s leftover after the sate into my pad thai or pad see ew or whatever other entree I’m having.

If it has been mentioned, please ignore this post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good call, Tim. Paging @Al1885, the Thai master chef.

1 Like

@JustTim and @MikeC I figured that so I posted my home style peanut sauce recipe at the top of the page, lol.

3 Likes