Tell us your funniest misheard lyric

Pearl Jam - Better man

She dreams in color, she dreams in red
Can’t find a better man vitamin

Van Halen: Jump

Might as well Maxwell jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump

3 Likes

This one is a bit weird and it’s not actually a lyric. In 1968 my elder brother, who would be three at the time, pointed at the tv and said “it’s Kiss and Conspout”. He was infact pointing at The Scaffold. No-one ever found out where the name came from.
The Scaffold were a Liverpudlian comedy trio who performed and recorded with Jack Bruce on bass, Graham Nash on guitar and occasionally Elton John on keyboards !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5byhBdqcURY

2 Likes

My toilet humor works overtime on the proper lyric.

3 Likes

Good one. I’ve never actually known what she said there.

3 Likes

Unfortunately for me, its not about going on the loo tonight, but there you go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh that’s right. I got my story backwards.

2 Likes

I assume you know this, but it’s also “revved up”…

2 Likes

Never apologise for being “that guy”, it is how we learn :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I seem to remember that

1 Like

This might be more along the lines of “Mandela Effect” than “funniest” but System of a Down’s Chop Suey I could have sworn up and down the lyric was

Wake up
Why don’t you put on a little make up

when the ACTUAL lyric is

Wake up
Grab a bush and put a little make up

Beyond me mishearing/misremembering the correct line, how the hell is the lyric “put a little make up” and not “put on a little make up”?? That English confounds me.

Can’t believe none of the Dutch mentioned it yet but here it’s known as “mama appelsap” (literally translated as momma apple juice).
It started out on the Dutch public radio NPO3 when someone wanted to request wanna be startin’ something from Michael Jackson but couldn’t recall the name so asked for that “mama se mama sa mama appelsap” song and it kinda snowballed downhill from there thanks to the caller and Timur :joy:

And a lot of English songs have this mama appelsap ability with hearing weird Dutch phrases in it instead of what it’s supposed to be (even as a Canadian with English as first language I can be guilty of the "wait. What? moments) and there are quite a few compilations on YouTube under the search “mama appelsap”.

3 Likes

Miley Cyrus, Party in the USA: I heard “welcome to the land of flaming sex” instead of “welcome to the land of fame excess”.

(My daughters were fans when they were younger, I swear! :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Hotel Transylvania - Singing about Zing

So listen all you zingers from here to Beijing
Blah blah blah blah blah blah

1 Like

I always thought it was: “I’m not talkin’ 'bout the linen” in the chorus to I’d really love to see you tonight (it’s actually: “I’m not talkin’ ‘bout movin’ in”).

A couple of years ago I decided to finish what I’d started in my youth and now sing this:

I’m not talkin’ ‘bout the linen
And I don’t want to fold laundry
But there’s a warm load dryin’ that’s almost done
And I’d really love to be wrinkle free

Real lyrics:
I’m not talkin’ ‘bout movin’ in
And I don’t want to change your life
But there’s a warm wind blowin’ and the stars are out
And I’d really love to see you tonight

3 Likes

I swear this is how the song really goes

Please Mister UPS Man (Mister UPS Man, look and see) Oh yeah
(Is there a bass in your truck for me?) Please Please Mister UPS Man
(Why’s it been a very long time) Oh yeah
(I’ve waiting on this bass of mine)

6 Likes

Heard someone sing “the jukebox plays on brick by brick” instead of “drink by drink” in Brooks and Dunn’s Neon Moon :joy:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/nIwrgAnx6Q8

11 Likes

This is àwesome :rofl:

2 Likes

Make room for aaaAAAaaa…!

:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wins the interweb today!

3 Likes