THIS IS ONLY A TEST FOR AN UPCOMING PROJECT.
THE IDEAS DISCUSSED HERE ARE NOT IN EFFECT YET.
I’m still trying to get all the kinks worked out.
Where you will find answers to all of these GREAT frequently asked questions…
- What is this?
- How does this work?
- This sounds hard. Is this hard?
- I’m trying to play Bass! Not forum organizer.
- How does this help me?
- How does this help the community?
- How does this help beginner Bass players?
- Does it have to be videos?
- Why is this organized… like this?
- How can I participate?
- How do I keep it updated?
- What else makes this so… stinking… cool?
What is this?
- As the forum has grown there have been a number of different topics inviting users to post their own video or audio of them playing. Some of those topics have grown quite large. To a degree that it has become very difficult to find a specific video. This index is meant to keep an organized record of all those videos.
How does this work?.
- When you post a video in a topic you also post that link on your personal page in the User Video Index category.
- The topics, such as Post your covers! or the individual song topics in the 50 Songs Challenge category are used normally.
- In an effort to keep the index as user friendly as possible, it is not intended to replace any other category or topic. For instance, you would not post your cover of House of the Rising Sun in this category and expect to get any feedback from the community. Instead you should post it in Song 7 - “House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals. Then you would go to your personal topic in the User Video Index and either add a link to your post in Song 7 - “House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals or just copy the same link you used when you posted it over there.
This sounds hard. Is this hard?
- Not at all. Whenever you post a video, you add few more clicks and a copy-paste and you’re all up to date.
- If you want to see what it looks like, click here… “@JoshFossgreen - User Video Index”
I’m trying to play BASS! Not forum organizer.
- Dude! I get it. Playing Bass is a lot better than almost anything else. However, this is a community and sometimes it helps for people to get organized to keep a community running smoothly.
How does this help me?
- It gives you a central reference point for all the videos you post. Regardless of which topic they may have been originally posted in. It’s a single stop for you to review your work and see your progress. It’s also a centralized place where you can point others for them to witness the depth and breadth of your BadAss-ed-ness.
How does this help the BassBuzz community?
- None of us got to where we are, alone. Sometimes we help others and sometimes we need help. This index is a testament to the community we have all worked so hard to build. As much as it will show the progress and accomplishments of the individual, the collection, taken in its entirety, shows how far we have come as a community.
How does this help beginner Bass players?
- One of the big things for new bass players (or players of any instrument) is trying to gain some perspective on what all this hard work will accomplish. It helps to answer the question, “What will all this effort really allow me to achieve?” By putting together this index, I think it will give a pretty good answer to what it means to go from Beginner to BadAss!
Does it have to be videos?
- Nope. Not at all. If you have audio without video, that is perfectly acceptable. We had to call it something and since most of the music users post is in video format, that’s where the name landed.
Why is this organized… like this?
- It’s organized the way it is for two reasons; searchability, and distribution of effort.
- If you want to find anyone’s videos all you have to do is click on the search function, type in User Video Index and the @Username for the person you’re searching for.
- By having each person manage their own videos it keeps from placing too big of a burden on one person.
How can I participate?
- I’m glad you asked. It’s simple! Just join by creating your own Topic in this Category following the below format.
- Topic Name: @Username - User Video Index
- Category: User Video Index
- Body: Add links to all your videos, one per line, or every other line, or use bullet points, or whatever you like.
How do I keep it updated?
- You can go back to the original post and use the EDIT feature, at any time, to add new links to your videos.
What else makes this so… stinking… cool?
- If you go into your profile, there is an option to post a Featured Topic that shows up anytime someone looks at your profile. You can add your @Username - User Video Index topic to your profile. So everybody can find your videos from there also! Whaaaaaat? Now, that is cool.
Thanks to everyone for your help in doing this. If you have any questions or think of something I’ve missed, leave a comment below.