The "BASSBUZZ LOUNGE"

two cats :smiley_cat:

Peyote, 12 years old :

and Nemo, 2 years old :

11 Likes

Cute kittys, @terb! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

One looks a bit angry and the other looks a bit bored :grin: But I also like your motorcycle in Nemo’s picture! :wink: I was thinking about getting one, but might not be able to.

Anyway, here’s a few pictures of the “mall crawler” Wrangler that I mention in my bio:

Upgrades include 33" tires, Mopar 2" lift kit, Fox racing shocks, Fox steering stabilizer, Spidertrax 1.5" spacers, G2 front and rear diff covers, custom stubby bumper, and Rugged Ridge light brow.

(Chrysler Art Museum in background)

Right outside my Norfolk apartment building.

All cleaned up and ready to roll :slight_smile:

We get frequent flooding over here and I’ve routinely driven through over a foot of water! If global warming and flooding continues I’ll consider getting a snorkel for it :laughing:

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

Your bio says, “maintaining my Jeep Wrangler”. That made me think of keeping an old Jeep running. This isn’t that! More like, upgrading and tricking out my Jeep to make it even more gnarly. That’s some nice Jeep. :+1:

3 Likes

yeah it’s a 1977 Honda XL 125 , very compact and funny bike. I love it :grin:

I also have a 2001 Suzuki DRZ 400 S but I will try to sell it just after the quarantine :

6 Likes

The second picture looks you’re trying to feed it extra parts. :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks, @eric.kiser . . . :slight_smile:

I started upgrading 1-2 years ago . . . It’s a 2012 Wrangler JK Safari 2-door and has all the bells and whistles except for the GPS navigation system. They stopped making the 2-door Safari with the introduction of the JL series, so this might become a rarity. :grin:

Every time a component wore out, I upgraded it to the next level (e.g. going from 31" stock to 33" tires, etc.), and I’ll continue to do this. I plan on keeping my Jeep for quite some time!

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Great bikes. First bike I ever rode (and wrecked) :slight_smile:

Followed by several more of both.

4 Likes

I like this thread.

So, my favourite Banks book is The Player of Games, and I really miss my Honda motorcycle!
I did want to get another soon but many things are on hold right now for money/work reasons and now the quarantine also of course. Interesting times.

6 Likes

Besides bass guitars (which are outside this Forum), does anyone collect anything? :slight_smile:

I used to be an avid coin collector and developed a really nice type set . . . all slabbed coins from PCGS and NGC and in a binder. Mostly proof and MS-60 grade or better. I eventually sold them all to pay off my aforementioned Jeep when I moved down here to Virginia.

I still have that “collector’s mentality”, though . . .

So, during this lockdown, I decided to start a “Zippo lighter” collection. Turns out there’s a LOT of people doing this! I know it may sound crazy, but it’s not too expensive, and it’s fun to shop around on the Interwebs looking for the best deals. :crazy_face:

How about YOU? . . . Do you collect anything?

Post about it here, or start a new thread about it in The Bassbuzz Lounge

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

no need to talk about that

3 Likes

cameras maybe … can’t really do a picture now because as I’m moving, nothing is really in its place right now :sweat_smile:

also video games and consoles, it’s pretty much a thing of my generation. I have a lot of those sh*ts. (and I love it)

(old picture but you have the idea)

3 Likes

Yes @terb, I recall you mentioned you are moving in another post . . .

Hope it’s a GOOD move for you and that all goes well :slight_smile:

Take care, Joe

3 Likes

thank you Joe , really appreciate your kind words. yeah it’s a very good move :grin: but it’s very complicated right now because of the quarantine.

but yeah, a very very good thing for me :sunglasses: with a nice job change and everything

4 Likes

Very nice set of watches, @peterhuppertz :slight_smile: I like that storage box, too!

Nothing like being organized :wink:

2 Likes

That’s really great to hear, Laurent :clap:

Good luck and be careful over there!

4 Likes

Congratulations! It’s good to hear the world is still moving forward during all this. :+1:

4 Likes

it all has been decided before the quarantine and all that but … well yeah … life is still here :grin: thank you my friends for your support - much appreciated

3 Likes

It’s interesting to see all the different things everybody does outside of bass.

I live a very simple and minimalist life. I don’t collect anything, have any animals of my own, or have much in the way of hobbies outside of playing bass.

3 Likes

kinda cool, kinda sad, you choose

3 Likes

Sounds good to me Eric
@eric.kiser

3 Likes