The "BASSBUZZ LOUNGE"

That’s a nice looking Jeep, @Jazzbass19. I thought about getting one after I quit riding, as a continued show of my wild side, but they are very expensive. Even the most basic one had a hefty price tag. I think I’d look good in that red one of yours :smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Haven’t been on in a few days and all sorts of shit goin’ on!

Spring is a really busy time of year for me. Mowing fields and pressure washing buildings and decks. Not to mention having to do maintenance and repairs on several pieces of equipment that I didn’t get to take care of at the end of last season due to a couple unscheduled :heart: surgeries…

With everyone focusing time on playing bass with quarantines and all, I haven’t picked up a bass in several days now, but with the help of one of my AR’s and a 1/2 Pound can of tannerite, I was able to finally blow a stump out of the ground that I’ve been meaning to remove for awhile…

Georgia Stump Removal

Stay Safe Out There!

5 Likes

Welcome back @Lanny

2 Likes

Sounds good to me man! I do these meditations each day where I just focus on that part of me that’s alive, conscious. A side effect of this has been that it feels like there’s a party going on, but it’s all in my head, and it almost doesn’t matter whats going on externally. But another almost conflicting side effect is that my mind goes off on wanting fun tangents, and, for me, bass playing alone has been fulfilling this, and even opened multiple cans of worms, but in a good way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl: I’m good with it.

1 Like

I read this and I thought, “Yes! There’s video!”

Nooooo! It won’t play on my computer. Is it posted anywhere else?

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for the move and the new job!! Don’t be a stranger :smile:

2 Likes

Not really… apart from… stuff :crazy_face:

I used to collect whiskeys (or so I thought) when in reality I was collecting whiskey bottles (as their contents always seemed to be vanishing at some point)!

Speaking of collecting: at which number of basses are you considered a collector??

3 Likes

Joe it starts when you call your bass number one
@joergkutter

2 Likes

When I clicked on Lanny’s link, the file downloaded itself onto my computer, then I clicked on that link and it played just fine, @eric.kiser . . . :slight_smile:

By the way, I really got a BANG out of it, @Lanny :wink: lol

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

I think I found a collector… :open_mouth: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t had a drink in pushing five years but I could almost murder that Scotch.
It looks nothing short of several kinds of awesome :+1:

2 Likes

That’s real nice :+1:

2 Likes

Too fuk’d up after that ma-hoosive Scotch?

3 Likes

i am just listening to tunes and i found this sexy gem i hope you like it as much as me it features a pre cbs fender strat it sounds so amazing and the bass just booms in this one stevie did this back in the day but i have to admit for a stock strat this is amazing - YouTube

1 Like

hey try redbreast its by jamison so freaking good yo moma wont know you!

1 Like

I have one of those.

Hendrix used to be good at that.

Yeah Phil and the Drills are pretty nifty. Check out their ‘My Sharona’ cover

1 Like

@Jazzbass19 great idea!

Have anything non-alcoholic? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, @JPHaggerty . . . :slight_smile:

I thought it might be nice to have a “lounge” area where we could get to know each other on a more personal level . . . (besides our love of playing bass, of course :wink: )

Glad to have you on board with us!

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

As I mentioned in my bio, one of my outside interests is indoor house plants. :slight_smile:

For today’s “lockdown” project, I finally figured out how to move photos from my Android phone to my iMac. :grin: . . . It wasn’t easy but I did it (turns out I had to download an app to my desktop and go from there).

Anyway, here’s a shot of my workstation:

A slightly better shot of my Snake Plants and Boston Fern:

I’m certainly not as good a photographer as @terb or @peterhuppertz, and I know next to nothing about camera settings, etc. :frowning: This is just a point and shoot kind of thing; I had trouble with the lighting (North facing windows) and had to edit the photos on my phone first. The color is way off.

So much to learn . . .

When I improve, I’ll post up some pics on The Photography Corner :laughing:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes