The Official BassBuzz Food Thread

I’ve tried many different hot sauces trough the years, but these days this is my go-to hot sauce: Tabasco Green; mild and savory.

3 Likes

That one is underrated, great flavor, not too hot.

3 Likes

I got shortchanged on Pizza again! Lol

8 Likes

Damn those healthy eaters!

Looks good!

3 Likes

Were having friends over on Sunday. The planned menu is

Steak tartare (Warsaw style like I described above on this thread) with shots of frozen voddy for starters. For mains my wife is making home made cabbage rolls and I will BBQ sausages and roast veggies. For cool down drinks, we’re serving lager with raspberry juice. Fries and green salad as a side.

Whaddya think?

5 Likes

Sounds fantastic!

1 Like

Sounds great! Can’t wait for you to post the pictures!

1 Like

That tobasco green is my favorite for turnip greens or collards. Great stuff.

3 Likes

“A little early” Father’s Day dinner with my daughter.
Yes, I ate all of this.
Don’t get to this wonderful place too often anymore.

5 Likes

Those look great

1 Like

Indeed! Looks delicious and a work of art!

So, are there any BassBuzzers with small and medium-sized junior BassBuzzers in the house?

Here’s our go to kids’ breakfast or supper if we don’t feel like making anything else.

Take some cooked rice (hot or cold) Take about 1/2 pound thawed frozen or fresh strawberries per serving. 1 table spoon of sugar or maple syrup and wand blend it to a mousse. Pour it over the rice, and voila! If there’s no rice, you can use leftover cooked noodles, so long as they’re not too salty.

My kids could eat this every day, if we let them. For adults, add a dash of rum or brandy to the sauce.

3 Likes

Today’s breakfast, lunch and dinner… folks over 50 will know why.
Busy night tonight, lol.

5 Likes

Oh man! I had one done in my late 30s. Anesthesia wouldn’t put me to sleep after a few dosages. Counted down from 10 several times. The SOB didn’t wait until I was out. I’m still traumatized :confounded: I’ll take my chances after 50, never doing one again.

1 Like

I promised cabbage rolls, so here they be.

In the Dutch oven, prior to baking:

And after the first baking cycle, after the tomato sauce is added, 30 minutes till disappearance:

3 Likes

Had one years ago awake and watching it on the monitor. Was “interesting”. I’ll take the nap now.

2 Likes

I can never read these words without thinking of the slang. Sorry!

4 Likes

2 Likes

Regardless of alternate meanings, @John_E and @Barney , here is the final product:

4 Likes

If it’s what I am guessing I need to get one soon and may do it awake. My last one was awake. Wasn’t too bad. Felt… weird.

Except I got cleaned out with a ton of magnesium citrate, not gatorade :slight_smile:

3 Likes