The Official BassBuzz Food Thread

And now, deep thoughts by Jack Handy…

why is…
chicken/poultry
fish/seafood
…acceptable

yet…
cow and pig are not ok substitutes for beef and pork.
…hmmm

3 Likes

Because pigs are filthy animals!

6 Likes

T-Bone time!

7 Likes

Looks delicious!
Interesting pattern on that grill rack. What’s the purpose of that center removable section?

1 Like

Having exciting chicken noddle soup for lunch today. I have lots of leftover cans from Covid last week.

2 Likes

You can pop it out and replace with a Pizza stone, sear grate, poultry roaster etc… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Cool!

Your countertop looks like my Sandberg Buckeye Burl body :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh man I’m hungry, and I just ate, lol.

2 Likes

Oh man that looks great.

One thing I really miss is big thick cuts of steak like that. That cut would be at least $100 here, if I could find a butcher to do it.

On the other hand I can walk down to any supermarket and buy a half kilo of wagyu for $20 so I guess I shouldn’t whine.

3 Likes

Good taste in wood! Got a pic?

I was referencing @Barney’s buckeye statement from the other day :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Dang now that’s what I call a nice burl top!

I got together for Tai with some coworkers I had not seen in a while (we are all 100% remote now) and had a nice “Hearty” lunch. :upside_down_face:

The Masaman curry was good. I hadn’t had Tai since before Covid.

5 Likes

The rice looks very hearty. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Oooh, I love masuman curry. Very nice. Love the presentation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Two nights ago my girls was asking for pancakes and my wife and I felt sudden need for breakfast, so we went to IHOP. It was great. Since it was late we just had small bites.

That said my wife suggested that we go to the OC Fair, I relented. We had fried avocado, bacon wrapped pickles, and introduced the kids to fried Twinkies and the Dino size Turkey legs.

5 Likes

Nothing fancy, but harvested my first slicer tomatoes of the year (super late for some reason) so made some BLTs for dinner tonight. Man I love that sandwich with homegrown tomatoes (or local farm-stand - anything but grocery store)… First one of the summer is always a treat… Some homemade dill pickles on the side, and bam, happy camper.

3 Likes

I’ve never tried them, our fair doesn’t sell those. Something else to add to the food bucket list.

1 Like

Fried pickles are good too. We roll them in katakuriko (pretty much corn starch), batter them with egg/panko, and pan fry them.

Man those turkey legs look awesome. One of my favorites.

IHOP is doing T-Bones now? So, directly ripping off Waffle House, are they? :rofl:
It’s probably a winner, just like Waffle House. Gotta love the big, cheap diner steaks. Great with a few runny eggs and cheap diner joe. I love that stuff so much.

2 Likes