The One Bass

What is the one bass you want to have but you can’t afford?

As for me, I would go with a Dingwall Custom, because it just makes sense to me.

3 Likes

LOL just one?

My problem is more finding them than affording. I am at the point of getting in to rare stuff.

3 Likes

I’m sorry the concept is so foreign to me. lol.

Do you mean which one bass I can’t afford that I want or if I can only pick one bass I can’t afford. Well either way it’s an easy answer, it doesn’t exist. Now, if you ask me what’s the next one? Well, lol.

6 Likes

6 Likes

is it Santa?

2 Likes

Nah!
He’s been participating in other threads. I was going to choose a private profile as well when I started.

@Rob150 make it a Dingwall Super PJ eh? For sure I have my eye on the Super P with either ebony or rosewood fingerboard.

2 Likes

I mean which bass you really wish you could get but you can’t afford.

2 Likes

Busted.

3 Likes

The really funny thing is I can afford all the basses I really want.

There’s some I won’t shell out for (like, I am very Bongo-curious, but I am not going to buy one). But the ones I really want are within reach, just hard to find.

Prime example, Yamaha Peter Hook signature BBPH:

These were under $2k new but they all got bought up and no one ever sells them because they are so badass. Still, he’s my bass hero, and so this is the apex BB for me. It’s just unobtanium.

Of course, if these ever do go on the used market, they will probably ask more than $2k too, so who knows, in the end it might fit your description.

5 Likes

Not completely off… it’s really a bit like this:
qc1bqubn

Same for me with, e.g., an Alembic… curious, but is not going to happen.

By the man himself, I guess :rofl:

7 Likes

I do like that bass! I was myself looking at a Yamaha Nathan East Signature, but that’s something a little overkill for my level at the moment. The construction quality and the tone these basses deliver is awesome, anwyay.

3 Likes

Yeah I am definitely getting another BB this year. Great basses.

2 Likes

That would not be out of character. When he heard they were discontinuing the BB1200S he ran around to all the music stores he could find and bought seven of them.

His son Jack has eleven BB734A’s, a BBP34, and one of his dad’s BBPH’s. Plus one of his dad’s remaining BB1200S. It runs in the family :rofl:

Makes sense though, he’s splitting time between Peter’s current band and also the Smashing Pumpkins (when they tour).

2 Likes

Long story short this is my second one and the same color the other one is in the shed shed, lol.

3 Likes

Great looking bass. And I am not usually a fan of white basses.

3 Likes

There aren’t any.

I’m not a collector, but I now own six basses, each very different than one another, ranging from low price to high. I’ve had a custom custom in the works for almost a year, with no completion date in sight. I don’t crave any more.

2 Likes

I’m looking for another gunmetal blue Fender AJB like the one I had 12+ years ago. They’ve more than doubled what I paid for it new back in the day…

2 Likes

I couldn’t shake this one out since @booker_t did the inception tricks on me, lol

6 Likes

Yin/Yang body. Wow. Which bass is this?

2 Likes

Fodera.

3 Likes