The One Bass

A WE SO ME

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple Fender Custom Shops on my watch list. If $4.5k appeared in my hand this very second I might jump on one of them… :face_with_peeking_eye:

This one already got away.

The relic was a bit heavy for me but all the other specs were oh so fiiiiiiiine.

6 Likes

Same one it has been for quite some time now: Fender AJB Aerodyne Jazz Bass. In Candy Apple Red, no other colors allowed. This color was only ever sold in Japan, so it limits the options somewhat. It could probably afford one if I really wanted to, but I just can’t justify it for myself.

7 Likes

It’s weird (and awesome) how what floats your boat can be so different from one guy to the next - to me this looks like something made from leftover kitchen furniture from the 60s (probably smells like it too). So, yeah, a “steal” for 4500 dollars :rofl:

3 Likes

That one actually cost over $5700 :rofl: :rofl:

I totally hear ya though, it’s all a matter of preference!

4 Likes

It’s a beauty in and for itself.

3 Likes

Get Out 90S GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

:scream:

4 Likes

I’m almost mad at myself for not grabbing the All RoseWood neck from the ModShop when they were available.

3 Likes

I don’t usually go for the butterflies but that thing is amazing.

2 Likes

The weird thing is they aren’t that much here and I am pretty sure I have seen that one. I have definitely seen a red one. You should visit, happy to show you around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I think your “one bass” with that color and pup configuration etc should really be a customized De Gier - I mean that is your patriotic duty :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks, would love to, @howard! However, that bass isn’t going to get any cheaper if I have to fly to Japan for it :joy:

2 Likes

That’s the fun part!

3 Likes

As long as we’re dreaming. A custom double reverse P on a white jazz body with the darkest possible rosewood jazz neck and all Hipshot hardware.

Pickup placement like the FGN Mighty Power here.

With the rosewood fretboard extending all the way back like this and no pick guard.

Extra points if I can get the fretboard wood inlaid in the body instead of attached to the top and a hand rubbed oil finish on the neck.

Edit: Added pictures and more explanation.

4 Likes

I would like to have a Wal bass. But they are just too expensive.

2 Likes

My problem with stuff like that is I would be terrified to play it :rofl:

1 Like

No kidding @booker_t has great taste. He dropped this in a text to me and said do whatever you want with the information. Which I said out loud to my self. How imma unseen this lol. :joy:

4 Likes

@Al1885, whenever you see something you like, your next statement is usually:

“It will be here Thursday.”

:joy:

3 Likes

Hey, @MikeC . My Marcus V8 will be here Thursday (tomorrow)

4 Likes

You read my mind! Seriously, I was just wondering when your new baby would arrive.

Sounds like “It will be here Thursday.” :+1:

4 Likes