2 Likes

I swear every time I mention food on this forum I get a craving for it

1 Like

Ooohhh. Look at that color!

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That… is amazing.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Those Stradi basses are amazing.

1 Like

I couldn’t find the video but I posted before it’s in show us your bass. I think there’s only 2 people team husband and wife. That’s awesome considering when you search YouTube quite a bit of their instruments show up.

3 Likes

Quote from an interview with Dawid Dziewulski, owner of Mayones, about how the company got its name:

How did you come up with the name Mayones?

Mayones was the nickname of my father’s friend. My father worked with him before Mayones become officially as a company. The Gitary Mayones name officially was announced in June, 1982 and officially become company name.

2 Likes

But how did he get that nickname?

3 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Apparently, the guy put mayonnaise on every he ate.

I’m obviously not going to say you’re wrong @eric.kiser but in this case you’re sooooo wrong about the glory that is Fritessaus :sunglasses: :fries:

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember that. It was a tour through their “factory”. I love the stone top finish and stainless steel fingerboard combo.

1 Like

There is very little information to be found when it comes to the history of the brand’s name. It is a somewhat common practice for guitar luthiers to call their wooden creations after their last name: Leo Fender, Paul Reed Smith and Orville Gibson to name a few. This was not the case with Mayones! Legend has it that in the early days of guitar production, before the brand was fully formed, Mr & Mrs Dziewulski colaborated with a friend nicknamed ‘Mayonnaise’ - simply because he loved adding this creamy sauce onto virtually everything he ate! Having no other ideas, they used the name as a temporary fix - and the rest is history. A light-hearted name that stuck and surely stands out on the market. Irresistible touch!

2 Likes

There you go - thanks for digging this up :grinning:

1 Like

If I really wanted a specific bass, I could probably afford it, unless it’s a real antiquity or was owned by a famous player.
Right now, I’m fine with the ones I’ve got :blush:

And those are already above my skill level :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The most memorable has to be the sanding process, lol.

2 Likes

Yep. The only bass that requires diamond polishing wheels for finishing.

1 Like

No, no, no. Fritessaus is only a cheap substitute. It has to be real mayonnaise :grin:

4 Likes

Ok I’ll defer to the Dutch on this one :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah. Frites are seriously amazing. That’s what I was talking about with Jörg above.

I thought the Belgians were responsible for this. I mean they happily say they are :rofl:

Maybe the Dutch Belgians?

2 Likes