The Photography Corner

That is kind of what my brother used to do, but with Playmobil figurines (not sure they are known in the States, though?!) He would stage medieval scenes in particular… :grin:

However… since the forum has been going for a while, there actually is already a fitting thread for this topic, and I suggest you merge these two (or repost there and close this one here):

4 Likes

Thanks but I don’t know how to merge, can you help me out? Thanks

2 Likes

Ah, no, sorry - I thought you’d done that before…

Then we need to ask the powers that be (@JoshFossgreen, @Gio - can you fix this? Thanks!)

2 Likes

Haha, awesome photos @Glitch ! I like your choice of backgrounds, and nice depth of field.

I’ll merge this clump into the main photography thread!

6 Likes

Taken from US-50 in Nevada.

6 Likes

It really helps to do a simple search before starting a new topic, so we don’t have multiple threads with the same topic. It keeps the forum neat and orderly.

4 Likes

That’s my way of looking at it. I have to get into it, due to new work. It will take me some time to get up to speed again, never had any training or explanation.

2 Likes

I’ve been a photographer for a while now. I went fully digital in 2003.
I have taken lots of random stuff over the years and have a few magazine covers and my photos in books.

13 Likes

Wow, those are some beautiful photographs, @admacdo! Like the high-speed stuff in particular :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Nice pics @admacdo😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks. That arrow about to hit the target is my most stolen image. :smiley:
Many people think it’s faked.

The secret of course is to take ten thousand photos and show the ten best.
(I actually took 13 thousand to get thirteen good ones…)

9 Likes

Good camera shot, pretty solid bow shot too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sara does some photography and managed to capture this photo of the exact moment I fired the Smith & Wesson 500 (50 caliber beast). Some people insist you can actually see the projectile leave the muzzle, but that’s unlikely.

7 Likes

Nice Weaver grip there (if I remember my military time correctly). Seems especially important with a revolver, what with superheated air and explosive residues also coming out at the side of the drum. (Of course, we didn’t have revolvers in the army.)

4 Likes

Ditto everything Jörg said, @admacdo and @PamPurrs . . . :slight_smile:

Great photos! . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs, I have a .458 WinMag rifle and you can definitely see the projectile leave the muzzle. Big and slow but hit’s super hard.

2 Likes

Incredible photos @admacdo !

2 Likes

Wow, fabulous! I can’t believe the amount of detail captured, especially the feathers and eyeball. The fretting hand has me perplexed. It looks like there’s a light in the palm of his hand, but there’s two other exterior light angles of the warm color on the hand too. Can we assume you are quick on your feet having not been run over by a car?

1 Like

I hope you hit the bulls eye Pam @PamPurrs,:joy:. :rofl:
Great photography👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Ok :slight_smile: