The Story Behind Your Profile Pic?

Mine is from the last (final?) Toast Machine performance. My favorite way to play the bass.

9 Likes

Mine is… not really anything. It’s duolingo’s “fish” icon.
Basically I thought “oh I better add a profile pic” and scrolled though my photos and picked this (I had it in photos cause I thought it looked funny). What’s the story behind yours?

I’m afraid I went against the system and put this is Gear so it got more replies… if you don’t like it Josh please feel free to move it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maybe put this thread in the Lounge section of the site or the powers at be can move it there for you. This keeps things streamlined for the forum. ( I don’t really know just throwing that out there) However, my profile pic is a night I will remember pretty well. I got my family tickets to go see Decyfer Down about a year ago. We got to hang out with the band before hand and I was talking guitars with TJ Harris their guitarist singer. He invited me up to jam with him during the warm up and ended up playing a song with him later on. really cool moment for me.

7 Likes

No reason to do this kind of stuff, especially on purpose. here are no reddit awards to be won or clicks for achievements.

BTT.:
My current one was done by my wife when we got new photo equipment for her (new lens, home studio with black screen) as she wanted to transition professionally from graphics design to photography and she had to get used to the new toys she got.

11 Likes

Hey there! I actually did move it but Gio didn’t notice… no big deal.

5 Likes

Nothing special here… playing around with the effects in PhotoBooth and settling on one that looks sufficiently cool and mysterious (haha, I wish :grin:)

EDIT: I know there are some of us who like to change their profile pic every now and then… nothing wrong that, but some of us (like yours truly) who are very visual get thrown off every time that happens as one glance no longer tells me whose post I am reading. But, that said, changing user names is even more confusing… looking at no one in particular cough@Lannycough :wink:

13 Likes

Okay, okay @joergkutter I promise to stop changing my profile photo every time I post a new cover in “Post your Covers”.

I agree about @Lanny Lanny. For the longest time I thought he was MIA until someone told me he had changed his handle.

6 Likes

This could indeed be frequent going forward :grin: But, hey, I am also a quick learner, so change away if you must :wink:

7 Likes

Mine is just a selfie, nothing special

20 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

Mine is a surprise picture of me drinking an espresso in Berlin during a friend’s bachelor party. It was cold outside.

And like any other portuguese, I disdain all other forms of taking coffee and every coffee that’s not prepared like back home for that matter.

(ok, nespresso’s ristretto is the exception)

11 Likes

You’re really photogenic! :joy:

11 Likes

Such a handsome stud you are! :rofl:

9 Likes

The letter “J” just spoke to me, for some reason.

12 Likes

I was giving a workshop at an upcoming conference and the organizer needed a headshot for their class listings. My previous headshot looked ridiculous so my wife and I went walking around Jack London Square in Oakland thinking we could find a scene by the water. That turned out to be hard to frame up in any way that looked good for a headshot. We did find a big green lawn that made a nice contrast background. I’m in kind of a weird crunch position to get the lighting and angle right while actually shooting into the direction of the ground.

11 Likes

Mine is the logo for my fictional guitar company. :smile:

11 Likes

Does your fictional guitar company make fictional basses? Does it accept fictional credit cards?

8 Likes

A friend from back home did a caricature of me or one of my many alter egos.

8 Likes

You’ll be happy to know that I make non-traditional guitars and basses but I accept traditional cred cards. :laughing:

6 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention the story behind my logo. About three years ago I told my wife I wanted to retire and build guitars… to which she replied “When pigs fly!”… and thus Pigasus Instruments was born.

14 Likes