semi-related, and kinda fun to mess around with:

4 Likes

Is that Daria? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

looool… fuck.

4 Likes

I wasn’t going to go there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No no no - Daria looks much more like she’s on the verge of subtly insulting you. These avatars do not.

5 Likes

cha cha cha

1 Like

Mine, which was my lefty LsL bass, switched back to my original Gravatar, a shot I took for my first cookbook. I’m proud of the shot and the book, but not what I chose for this forum.

3 Likes

So I again changed my avatar in the recent past. I thought I put together a keeper, a decent one, with the hand as either making the “L” for left handed, and/or also a depiction of plucking (if viewed from the player’s viewpoint). Throw in the bass clef, et voilà!

But looking at it today, it hit me that it could also be seen as representing “loser”!!! :roll_eyes:

Be honest, did that occur to any of you when you saw it? I’m not that self-deprecating!

3 Likes

Being a regular signer (my spouse is deaf), I just assumed it was an attempt at the ASL for I love you. The only thing missing is the pinky finger, otherwise it would be perfect.
ASL I love you

4 Likes

My stepdad is deaf. As an aside, Gene Simmons trying to copyright that symbol pissed me right off XD

2 Likes

Sara and I were pissed about that as well. In reality, it would have been impossible for him to copyright an ASL sign.

3 Likes

I took it with a Kids In The Hall reference, that you were “crushing your bass”.

2 Likes

I know you are left-handed, so that’s the first thing I think of. Because photography, I also think it looks like you are framing the bass clef.

5 Likes

You all are probably going to think this is funny (and I do know a very few ASL signs), but my initial thought some time ago, was that @Never2Late 's newest avatar was her representation of her geographical location in the state of West Virginia . . . :roll_eyes:

Certainly NOT any sort of loser! . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Not gonna lie - it was what popped in to my head. But not that you were one, more like you were taunting :slight_smile:

Got a good laugh out of it actually

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies. Whew!

I had not thought of some of the ideas you all presented, @PamPurrs, @John_E, @kristine, @joe!
And as for taunting, @howard, I didn’t think of that either (although I do sometimes picture a nice big “L” stamped on the forehead of certain people in the news who irk me :angry:).

Yes, I can see West Virginia in the shape, now that you pointed it out, Joe! But, I am not located in “wild, wonderful West VA,” so we can scratch that off the list.

Now to think about whether or not to keep this avatar, revise it, or find something new. Decisions, decisions! :smile:

6 Likes

Hello were you the one that uograded a gretch G2220

Yes - I’m the only spidey9 on this forum. :laughing:

2 Likes

What high mass bridge did you use on your Gretch G2220. I bought one 5 hole and the pattern it slightly off. Im looking for an exact replacement.

Rich

1 Like

What High mass bridge did you use and did you need to drill new holes ?

Thanks
Rich

1 Like