The Story Behind Your Profile Pic?

Mine is because I love wolfs and they are my spiritual totem was taken from a wristband plus is apart of my tat to remember my parents.

6 Likes

As a Sandberg fan(boy) no big deal finding a suitable logo :grin:

5 Likes

I didnā€™t realise how few photographs of me actually exist, there are however many pictures of the cats and I happened to appear in one of them so used that

10 Likes

You and me both @Deidheid . I hate my pic being taken

4 Likes

I just wish the B2B platform would quit changing my profile pic. I just had to change it back again for the umpteenth time. Itā€™s now back to the one in which Iā€™m smiling because the doctor just told me Iā€™m cancer free.
@JoshFossgreen remember I messaged you about this a while back? Itā€™s still doing it.

7 Likes

Iā€™m seeing two intertwined bass clefsā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think Josh is able to fix this, I think the forum uses some popular forum ā€œpresetā€ (donā€™t know what to call it) but Iā€™ve seen other forums with this interface so I think the issue would lie with the software, which Josh didnā€™t make. I think :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll leave it in Joshā€™s hands

this forum uses an open source forum software called Discourse. Itā€™s fairly popular and the emoticons are very similar to the popular chat software Discord. I see her picture and not intertwined bass clefs o.O

The Isla Instruments forum (also powered by Discourse) sends me email notifications to my correct email, but logs me in via another email and gives the username Koldunya1, itā€™s bizarre.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of Discourse, but it is what it is. In my last conversation with Josh, he said to let him know if happens again and heā€™ll see what he can do to fix it. It has happened frequently since then, which is why Iā€™m bringing it to his attention.

3 Likes

The intertwined bass clefs is my pic, and yes, I changed it again from the previous MiKro. Guess Iā€™m still trying to find one I like best.

Edited to add: the intertwined bass clef design Iā€™m using was, as I recall, called ā€œinfinity bassā€ wherever I found it, but it looks like a bug to me, so weā€™ll see how long it lasts. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

The blue koi stone is art by my daughter. My father passed away in 2021. The hospice room where he passed had a tree outside the window. Others had previously decorated stones and left them at the tree to memorialize loved ones. My daughter painted this stone commemorating a memory she had of joining her grandfather feeding the koi in his pond. It is a meaningful piece of ephemeral art that speaks to me.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update Pam! So weird. Is anyone else experiencing random profile picture changes?

Have you tried updating your Gravatar, that may be affecting things? https://en.gravatar.com/

4 Likes

Iā€™m not using Gravatar for my profile picture. In fact the one it keeps reverting back to is not even my Gravatar photo, itā€™s one that I had uploaded previously. I wish I could just delete it from the database.

3 Likes

Got it, very weird. Will you do me a favor and send this info through the contact form here, that way we can deal with it through a support ticket and try to get it resolved! Thanks Pam.

4 Likes

Mine is from a picture someone took of me with my bass face on!

10 Likes

Best bass face Iā€™ve ever seen! :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

:rofl: :+1:

5 Likes

Now I want to see this as a Plague Doctor :rofl:

7 Likes

Ha ha it fits the times!

8 Likes