The Story Behind Your Profile Pic?

My pic is the car I wanted since High school. In the mid 70’s I was a Corvette fanatic, thats all I wanted. After High School, I joined the Army, got married and had 2 kids. Some 40 years later I finally got this one 6 months ago

12 Likes

Good for you, @Whylee . . . :+1:

You could say much the same things about me . . . I like the C5 series, dislike the C4, etc. could go on and on :slight_smile: Unfortunately, I never got mine . . . {sigh} oh, well

White would be my first color choice, but I’d want chrome wheels and red leather interior.

:wink:

How’s it running so far? Any bugs or issues? Good luck to you and please keep us posted!

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

+1 Here, never got my 911. :rofl:

4 Likes

Here is a pic of my old dinosaur Joe, @Jazzbass19 ,
454 out to 461 ci , sold it a couple years ago.
Cheers Brian

10 Likes

That’s an absolutely gorgeous C3, @TNKA36 . . . :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

My profile pic is of my bass guitar that was a Christmas present from one of my brother in laws. This is the first bass guitar I have owned. It is a Squire mini. I just recently purchased a Fender Rumble 25 amp. They make a great combination.

8 Likes

That’s my favorite thumbnail, because I’m working as bachelor of computer science, responsable as leading engineer for the testing software of a huge powertrain testfield. So my team is responsable for 13 chassis-dyno testcells, 48 engine-dyno testcells, 3 non-fired transmission testcells and two NVH testcells.

I think may thumbnail is reflecting my job pretty good. :wink:

5 Likes

I spent my entire childhood saying my first car was going to be a silver 911.
It was a yellow Corolla. :pensive:

Still waiting for the 911.

8 Likes

The closest I ever get was an S2000 in 2001. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey S2000 are awesome!

So is the new Mazda MX5.

Yeah they aren’t vettes, but they are awesome sporty coupes.

edit: lol, just checked the price on used S2000s. Apparently everyone else remembers them as awesome too - they sell for as much now as they did new! They sell for considerably more than used Porsche 911’s from the same era, in fact. Carfax has them at $30k.

They were one of the best sports coupes of the 2000s for anywhere near the money, IMO. Cult classic.

2 Likes

So far its running great, pretty much in storage since its been snowing now. It has black interior with red seats.

3 Likes

Love that C3, my dream car would be a early C3 with the Mako Shark body.

3 Likes

I think I could live with that combo . . . (except for the wheels).

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Once again, good luck with it

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

Beautiful!

Is that a stick shift I see? :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, its a 7 speed manual, it now has a pistol grip shifter.

8 Likes

My son is a big Vette enthusiast. Right now he has a 2005 C6 white in color with Z51 package.

4 Likes

I liked the Marvel character X-23, and when I saw this art style I loved it, and the fact that they weren’t sexualizing a character that at the time was a teenager…

5 Likes

Photo from a local club. Selected because of the fitting Bassbuzz orange background.

8 Likes

My pic is my son and I ice fishing when he was little. Back in the days when he thought dad was cool before he became a teenager.

9 Likes

Just a selfie that I also use as an unofficial work photo. Unofficial, in my mind, because in the uncropped original image I’m holding a martini :cocktail:

11 Likes