The Story Behind Your Profile Pic?

Nothing super special about mine but some explanation…

A selfie holding my P-Bass, wearing a t-shirt with a friend of mine’s band name John Krajicek and the Borderline Social Club. John is a friend, mentor, and one of my former profs in school. If any of you are ever in Texas and want to hear some folk music, maybe other genres, and the timing is right, check him out at https://johnkrajicek.com

Oh, and one more thing about my profile pic, the hat I am wearing has a Longhorn with the Horns Sawed Off. No offense to my friend and our fellow BassBuzz’er @JT. Even though he has been out of Texas for 20+ years, the rivalry (harmless and fun) between his university and mine is as alive as ever. GIG 'EM AGGIES (of Texas A&M)!!

7 Likes

My present picture is no mystery,just my old Softail which will be undergoing major customisation once I can get my head together.
Paintwork is already done and a suitable number plate has been fitted ( REPA)
Might change the picture though if I remember to take a suitable photo of one of my basses. Remembering is of course the issue lol

7 Likes

Ozzies should recognize the background in my pic. One of the many highlights of our 2-week vacation to Australia a few years ago. Due to my Michigan accent, many locals thought I was from Canada. Can’t wait to go back and add New Zealand to the trip this time.

8 Likes

Gday @bob.oconnor1 ,
The picture is the 12 apostles on the south west coast of Victoria :+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

The photo in my profile is me driving home from a visit to the ENT doctor after he told me for the first time that I’m cancer free. The photo is cropped, so you can’t see me giving the thumbs up sign, but you can see the happy smile on my face. It’s a very special moment for me.

19 Likes

@PamPurrs , Big Hugs Love

Cheers

4 Likes

Love PF. My favorite band. Love Gilmour and his style. Bass lines were really good on most songs. Also, this album art gets attention.

3 Likes

I used to do a “nerd” podcast with live streams. One of the listeners did caricatures of all the hosts. My profile pic is the caricature done of me.

It’s… quite accurate. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I had a little update on mine. My son is growing up and so I am!

5 Likes

It’s a crop of when I met my congressman in Dec. of '19 just before the pandemic started. It’s the most recent photo I have of myself.

5 Likes

Just my grubby lefty P-bass cropped down

3 Likes

Mine is just a pic on my phone- I live in suburbia but my yard is practically a nature preserve and this just happened to be a young raccoon staring me down from about 5 feet away. If ya squint just right it kinda looks like he is strumming a bass instead of clinging to a tree. (looks like a lefty…)

7 Likes

Before the pandemic, my wife and I would spend a few weeks (every other year) Tonbridge Wells, Kent England. My profile pic was taken by my wife while I was in deep thought on the Spa Valley Railway which is an old rail line.

4 Likes

It’s the first letter of my username.

6 Likes

Mine is the logo of my little home brewery (one of my hobbies). It is an image of one of my dogs that passed away in 2015. He was a cracker and I still miss him all the time.

8 Likes

Mine is from a visit to a good friend of mine waaaaay across the map in Cali =3. She and I have been friends for years…and I only got to see her that one time…it was so fun ^^

7 Likes

Lazy. Found it online. Thought it looks cool. Looks like my cat.

5 Likes

Stole mine from Kurosawa Gakki.

5 Likes

Mine is artwork of a Joy Mutant from Lisa: The Painful RPG

I chose it because not only is it my favorite post-apocalyptic video game, but the song Summer Love off the soundtrack was the first song I taught myself on bass. So it’s strangely relevant.

Highly recommend the game to anyone with Steam.
(TW: it has very heavy themes that may be triggering to victims of abuse)

6 Likes

Mine was taken shipboard at the Panama Canal.
What a night that was.

5 Likes