The Ugly Duckling/Freak Thread

If it doesnt include a clip for an impact driver and a framing hammer, I don’t want one.

4 Likes

Exactly, the only thing on the back of the head stock should be the truly useful hootenany button. #tradition

7 Likes

Uhhhh…negatory.

2 Likes

It doesn’t even have a slot for a tape

1 Like

I dunno… Seems ideal to replicate that typical Fender neck dive for those who don’t own a Fender bass :joy:

2 Likes

You win with that idea!

1 Like

Great point @Mike_NL The Fender headstock isn’t for everyone. It separates out the weak. The sort of people who need a tool to open a jar. Keyboard warriors, telephone tough guys etc. :wink:

4 Likes

And now it’s time once again for…
“The most expensive basses on Reverb - why?”

You would think for $50k they would throw in free shipping.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, this isn’t this the traditional tool set for people with a massive floating tremelo system? In order to change a string and tune the guitars with those things, you actually need several different sized hex wrenches…
And possibly aerospace engineering skills.

I remember the ominous feeling of doom when I worked at the guitar shop and someone would bring in their shred-mobile-floyd-rose-tremelo guitar for a re-string. Brutal stuff.

5 Likes

You laugh…but the button back there spreads the load over your entire back instead of 10 pounds of vulcan neck pinch…too bad it makes you look like a country dork

3 Likes

I have one of those, I despise changing the strings on it. What a PITA.

2 Likes

I’ve heard terrible things. Like, many people require a friend to help.

2 Likes

When you shouldn’t “just because you can”

5 Likes

Just one question……. How?

3 Likes

Like the two pickups on the left, they took one split pickup and have 12 strings across it. It’s just dumb, and I don’t say that often

2 Likes

I mean WTH are those two on the left? Electric Banjos? Looks like about a 20" scale.

Then it’s a lot of humbuckers and P’s, good choices, and finally a lone single coil on the 7-string. Someone raided the spare parts bin!

2 Likes

That thing is eight kinds of wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, but think about the sustainnnnnn :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

On which one?

Someone would have to ski across that pile of necks to get them all to sound at one time.

It would be loud, though. :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

It looks like a jet fighter 🫡

2 Likes