This is a pimped bass😂😂

7 Likes

Here is a progress pic of my bassbuzz pimped bass, got to get new hardware for it, then it final assembly

20 Likes

“Pimp My Bass” . . . I like it . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

@TNKA36 if I could give a post multiple likes, yours would get at least three!

5 Likes

Thanks Joe @Jazzbass19, thanks Mike @Mike_NL,
the photo doesn’t actually do it justice, the black has a pearl colour in it, when its finished i will take a couple of better pics.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hi Josh, @JoshFossgreen
here is a progress pic of my Bassbuzz pimped bass.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@TNKA36 this is sick!

4 Likes

Was that… was than an RBX? hahaha awesome.

4 Likes

Yes Howard, @howard,
It is the RBX that i bought from the OP shop so i could get 1 tuning prg for my original RBX, so i thought it would be a good bass to pimp. :+1:
cheers
Brian

5 Likes

Haha excellent.

4 Likes

I’m surprised that @T_dub hasn’t responded yet. If I’m not mistaken, he’s a sucker for anything orange on a bass…

4 Likes

I am glad you tagged me, I missed that one.
but I think Brian was keeping it as a surprise and was gonna give it to me as a present when its done. :rofl:

Yeah, that is cool AF. I like the idea of a Bass Buzz Bass.
Maybe I will make one our of my Dean MetalMan bass.
I got it for wall art, tribute to Dimebag, since he played the guitar version.
but I have recently been playing it, well the last day or two.
I realized I liked the tone of it when playing a few notes unplugged. it sounded killer next to some of the other basses when I strum them unplugged.
Then I realized is is my ONLY passive bass, and that peaked my interest a bit more, so I have plugged it in and have been playing it a little bit, and man o Man, this think is funky. it gets some banging tone and noise from this bass.
I had written it off as a CHeap POS, but it is not the worts made bass in the world. The neck is long, and a little wider, kind of like a P bass, but not as blocky. it is thin (fret to back thin) and but wide, so lots of room for fingers to get the right strings. But the neck is in really good shape, as is the fretboard. It has a standard bridge, not the cheapest pc of junk, but low level ibanez, like on the GIO GSR basses. not great, more like a step up from total junk.
Tuners are nothing to write home about, but they do the trick, turn easily, and hold tune, can’t ask for much more from what I expected was gonna be a beater "wall art " bass.
ID what kind of pick up, but it is a soap-bar hum bucker, with the poles showing. It has a volume and tone control, and that is it.

I tell you what tho, this pick up produces some really cool sounds. The tone is deep and raspy and old school, but they are percussive and almost sound a little like it is going thru an envelope filter, just at the beginning, and it has that Mwah to it. First time I got that Mwah, and I like it. its percussive, its bad ass.

So, I may do a full renovation on this bass, and It may be a Dime tribute, or not, but I think I am gonna drop in a killer pick up. I am not 100% I will stay passive, I may drop in a pre-amp, but as long as I am getting that mwah, i might ditch that idea an just work with some killer pick ups

There is no pickguard, it is just black, so there are all kinds of possibiliteis for this. custom pick guard, or custom paint job, or both.

I am sure to get pick ups from Herrick and some pick up covers to make them orange. I will put some DR Orange strings, and I might get a 5 string set and do this bass BEAD. It feels like a 35" scale, so BEAD for the Big boy works for me.

Its all in the planning stage. when I get serious and or have a mrore solid plan, I will start to track the build with pictures and video and post them here for all the world to see “bass buzz exclusive”

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome! I need to make a BassBuzz Bass too!

9 Likes

Hey Josh, @JoshFossgreen
i just ordered new black hardware for it, it should look a treat when I’ve finished it :sunglasses:
It was a Yamaha RBX200 in its previous life.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

The RBX headstock is perfect for a BassBuzz bass.

2 Likes

@JoshFossgreen

You mean you DON’T have a BassBuzz bass?!
For sooth! For shame!

3 Likes

I need to make one! Are you going to sell kits to custom your bass yourself?

1 Like

Hey @Glitch,
Just try and find a bass that has had no love and put your own touch on it​:+1::sunglasses:
I decided to have this one vinyl wrapped for something different, I have new gotoh black hardware on the way, I will post a few more pics when it’s done😎
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

How much does something like that run?

2 Likes

Cost nothing Toby @T_dub,
I have a mate that does it👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes