Thought I was doing pretty well until

Whoah! Not sure where this footage came from, @Jazzbass19 , but that’s a fun blast from the past! I have no recollection of writing or performing that first song there.
And I was a sober performer!

@John_E called it - I’m disqualified.
I wish there was more footage of the moments where 'ol @JoshFossgreen and I united our bass powers for glory and rockage.
Alas, his upright melody sit in and harmonized electric slap shredding guest appearances were a bit pre-everything-gets-videoed so I have only my fond memories.

5 Likes

I’m also upset about this, but… I probably sound better in my fond memories than in the cold light of A/V recording. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Gets Harder to remember as we get older Joe @Jazzbass19 :joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

@joergkutter , so apparently I’ve been here since May 2019. Has it really been that long? :smiley:

3 Likes

@Old_WannaBe, this chart has been VERY helpful. I am working on these in between Josh’s lessons. I am not sure of the correct fingering but I think I can figure it out. Thanks again. I am currently only working on the first three and moving around the fretboard finding / learning the different spots where I can practice these. Thanks again @Old_WannaBe :+1:t3::+1:t3:

At this time, this chart that Old_Noob posted is beyond my knowledge, but I thought I’d adapt it for left handed bass use, to use later for myself or other lefties.

If someone who is more knowledgeable than I can take a look to make sure it’s correct, I’d appreciate it (@sfadams, @LeftyChad , @1978popo). I will correct it if necessary. I will also post it in the Left Handed Bass Resources (Lefty Bass) thread if no one sees any errors with it. (all I did was flip the fret image for each scale)

6 Likes

Another useful post for our left handed members, @Never2Late . . . :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Not sure about “more knowledgeable”, but it looks pretty good to me. Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks, I just wanted to see if another lefty who knew the fretboard better than I do thought it looked okay. :smile:

1 Like

It looks pretty good to me…just I would put “nut” on the bottom, not on the top. At least for me it looks like nut or zero fret😁
Thanks for a good work.:+1:

1 Like

Interesting. Would having the heavier line (“nut”) at the bottom make it easier for lefties to use? The original had the heavy line at the top, and I just flipped the fret images horizontally, so otherwise it is the same.

I guess if someone likes the heavier line at the bottom, they can turn the page upside down! :grinning:

1 Like

You are correct sir. I was reading it as always do (from right handed perspective). Didn’t realise it’s flipped :grin:. My bad. After 30+ years of playing guitar/bass it’s just habit I guess.

2 Likes

(pssst - it’s ma’am - Never2Late is a ma’am. :slight_smile:)

6 Likes

Unconventional for chord diagrams but here you go if that’s what you want :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve corrected myself😉 so it’s not necessary otherwise it will be sooooo confusing for some of us🙂

1 Like

If anyone is interested in memorizing the modes - I’ve incorporated this exercise into my warmup routine and against all odds, I actually know them now.

8 Likes

Oh dear lord no.
I do not NEED to learn this.
If I memorize this I will forget my daughter’s name and several other useful facts. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Does your daughter’s name help you make cool noises on your bass, though? :thinking:

1 Like

Alternate suggestion: I think “Lydian” is a lovely girl’s name

2 Likes

I hear you but I think we forget at times that the internet is global and if one person wants chord diagrams with the nut at the bottom there may be others and that is why I posted the revised version showing the nut at the bottom.

I teach Ukulele and 6 String guitar and have always thought it was so much harder for left handed people because published chord charts are usually shown only from a right handed players perspective.

Anyways it’s all good. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes