Tofu or not tofu?

Yep. What’s wrong with that? That’s a nice change of pace. Especially about food as we are all can relate, lol.

4 Likes

This is not helping stem the rampant obesity amongst bass players …

2 Likes

Super good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love Japanese tofu dish, the one thing I don’t like on my tofu is the Bonito flakes, especially the expensive ones, they are potent. I had a cold one with Soy-Yuzu OMG that’s made my day.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s how I eat it, just cold with ponzu (yuzu soy sauce). So good.

1 Like

Chinese has on with hot ginger broth and silken tofu and top with crispy mini Chinese donuts bits. Delish! I made the tofu myself using soymilk and ginger juice pour and stir gently, it solidifies to a luscious silken texture.

2 Likes

Nice. Sounds good! Rayu on tofu is good too.

So, these are absolutely incredible - think really good, dense cake donuts.

Tofu donuts! Ridiculously good. Vegan ones work too.

5 Likes

That where I draw the line, lol.

3 Likes

Haha, seriously, try them. I ate them for years before I could read the kanji and loved them. Super good. Very easy.

3 Likes

There’s a possibility that I’ll start that thread. I made a deconstructed version of that with foie gras and red onions jam with balsamic reduction. Serves with a braised kidney beans and a nice glass of Chianti, zzzh, zzh, zzh, lol.

2 Likes

Fava beans :rofl:

5 Likes

I know I want to replicate that too but Fava bean are not easy to find, lol. Kidney bean is red and match the color of the theme and available year round. Definitely the inspiration came from the movie, my first thought was sweetbreads but I doubt I’d get 10 orders, lol.

2 Likes

I asked Josh to weigh in on how he feels about the food threads I started, because a few individuals were evidently disturbed at their existence.

Here’s his response.

6 Likes

Thanks, @Wombat-metal and @Al1885. Just trying to have fun and grab a bite between practice sessions. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

We need a dislike button for comments like these.

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine people not wanting to just go on and on about tofu. It’s a favorite subject around our house, that’s for sure :smiley_cat: :rofl:

5 Likes

I can see that. Tofu’s friggin delicious when prepared well AND it makes people better bass players. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Ok, i already really liked tofu, but now I’m gonna stock up! Hopefully it works better than the smart water thing…

1 Like

I would eat tofu in a house
I would eat tofu with a mouse
I would eat tofu in a box
I would eat tofu with a fox
I would eat tofu here and there
I would eat tofu anywhere

4 Likes

:joy: