Tofu or not tofu?

Tofu is so good and beneficial it could even teach you to be a better driver and learn how to drift a car. See Initial D.

5 Likes

I too am a fan of all your food topics. :rofl:

Not Tofu. I eat meat so I’ve never seen a need to seek out a meat substitute. The few times I’ve had it, I didn’t care for the texture. I will admit that it’s entirely posible it wasn’t well prepared.

If using it as a flavor transport, I already have potatoes and grits. Both of which are very versatile and I really like.

2 Likes

Thanks, @eric.kiser. :wink:

2 Likes

Evidence that I also am guilty. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Cooking and Bar-B- Que

The food thread tradition goes back, at least, to September 2020.

2 Likes

Only Americans think of it as a meat substitute. No foul, I used to too.

It’s so good as a food on its own. You often see it served in dishes with meat as just another ingredient.

3 Likes

hunh interesting that most of you are on board with the food that, overwhelmingly, has been voted for years as the most hated food in the usa. i have always been completely convinced that the majority of people who say they hate tofu have never tried tofu, because it’s difficult to see what there is to hate. it’s a pretty neutral food. i like it well enough, difficult to get excited about though.

5 Likes

btw you guys are going to love my new “flax seed: yea or nay” thread

8 Likes

YAY FLAXSEED

7 Likes

Several months ago, I bought some tofu to try in soups. I never opened the package, and it ended up in the trash after my laryngectomy rendered me unable to eat.
That’s my tofu story, and I’m sticking to(fu) it!

4 Likes

Love it - packed with PUFAs good for the brain and cardio system. #teamflaxseed

3 Likes

Tofu is famous for taking on the taste of the oils and spices it’s cooked with. And the texture varies depending on its type and preparation.

I love Hot and Sour soup with tofu. It’s comfort food that leads to mellow bass playing. True story.

2 Likes

Bring it on! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’d probably love Jjigae. It’s a Korean soup made with kimchee and tofu. and it’s absolutely mind blowing.

2 Likes

That’s one of the soups in which I had planned to try it. I may still be able to try it if surgeon gives me clearance. I am without a tongue and unable to chew, so I have to be cautious.

3 Likes

:couple_with_heart_woman_man:

3 Likes

Oooh, I bet that would be good. I might have to look that out somewhere.

Amen, the more threads the better. :smiley:

Ooooh, that sounds great. I love me some kimchee.

2 Likes

Find a good Chinese restaurant that serves Hot and Sour soup. You’ll be glad you did. :bowl_with_spoon:

2 Likes

I mean, tofu aside, I now have a craving for Hot and Sour soup. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m gonna say it again, go to your local Thai restaurant and get some deep fried tofu with peanut sauce. Idk where y’all live but in Seattle there’s a spot called Thai Tom in the U-district and it is absolute :fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

yes, sure but otoh deep fried tennis shoe with peanut sauce would probably be good too.

3 Likes