Tofu or not tofu?

The innocuous soy cake can be bland or bling, depending on how it’s prepared.

How’s it for you?

6 Likes

Delicious delectable of mild flavor creation that can be manipulated in so many different ways from vegan mayo to meaty steak substitute. I love tofu.

6 Likes

I don’t like the texture. Other than that it’s great

4 Likes

The only acceptable way to eat tofu is deep fried with peanut sauce.

6 Likes

That’s the beauty of tofu they come in different firmness and you can fried it baked it press the water out and cook it it like steak. Braised it soft or fried. Yum. I can go full on bubba gump on tofu, lol.

6 Likes

I’m pretty competent when it comes to cooking and the few times I tried tofu I am firmly in the not-tofu camp

3 Likes

I’ve used silken tofu to make vegan pumpkin pie - it gives it fabulous texture.

5 Likes

@Adampalooza, ask @Al1885 for some killer recipes. He’s bona fide chef. :man_cook:

2 Likes

I like it in a Thai curry. Aside of that, dunno I’ve had any.

2 Likes

So… we have a Coke vs. Pepsi thread, a food thread, a pizza topping thread, a condiment thread, a peanut butter thread, and now a tofu thread?

Welcome to “Beginner to Bad Kitchen” :rofl:

I can’t wait for the liver and onions thread!

8 Likes

BasteBuzz?

:smiley:

7 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Well ain’t you fancy. That’s the next level stuff. Kudos.

3 Likes

Well there would appear to be a common denominator in the creation of non bass related threads.

5 Likes

To whom it may concern, I have requested that all of the above-listed threads be deleted by Josh.

3 Likes

Why? I was going to start a MikeC thread

You bring whimsy to the discourse, a commodity in much need

6 Likes

Don’t stop being you

6 Likes

To get this thread back on subject, when my sister was in her vegetarian phase, would be called vegan today, I went through many meals. The worst was a tofu meatloaf. A tofloaf. Shudder at the memories

4 Likes

Tofu is amazing. Just eat it by itself, with a little ponzu on top, maybe some katsuo or negi. Fantastic summertime treat. It’s a dish called Hiyayakko.

There’s also yakidofu - grilled or broiled tofu. So good.

I prefer “momen” (firm) tofu. Kinu (silken) is good in cooking too.

4 Likes

Oh yay - I was going to ask you to repost this - I couldn’t remember what it was called!

2 Likes