Tokyo rat and Jerry P

Tokyo numbers are coming back up again (1809 yesterday) so I am betting they extend the state of emergency :frowning:

4 Likes

yep that donā€™t look good for the home teamā€¦no mass transit, 2000 curfew, a lot of people GS types are moving on.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to try to clear my work load for next Saturday (6 Mar). Iā€™ll try to get my paperwork done during the week.

3 Likes

awesome just let me know

3 Likes

Great buy! I have the n version which lacks some features, but that pedal was a revelation and KEY in my development. The built in drum machine and looper is probably the best practice tool. Letā€™s you lay down a bassline and then you can start experimenting with melodies over that bassline. That kind of practice is SO valuable. Throw in the effects and you really get some creativity flowing. Tell us how you like it, and if you have any questions need any help with it I know the pedal pretty well.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely be posting on the My First Pedalboard!
Iā€™m gonna need a lot of help with this.

5 Likes

Whatever you need Jerry! Itā€™s my practice go to.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Yeah the B3n is newer and overall more capable, but weirdly lacking the DI and DAI that the B3 had. No idea why they dropped that, both are super useful.

3 Likes

I went on a skiing holiday years ago in Japan. Fantastic skiing, beautiful people and a very odd cultural phenomena for someone who grew up in the countryside with an outside toilet. Vending machines that would sell pretty much anything at any time of the day or night. Need a can of beer? Donā€™t worry weā€™ve got you covered. Hankering after wasabi rice cakes? Hold my beer.
I really must go back and now I can find the music area of Tokyo to explore :slight_smile:

6 Likes

just be warned, itā€™s a trap. I started coming on business. Last trip has lasted 13 years so far :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The only time I was in Japan was when my plane landed there for a refueling stop enroute to Vietnam from America. I was there for a short layover and explored the airport. I found the people to be quite friendly, and was surprised at how many of them spoke English.
Unfortunately, itā€™s but a vague memory, as I was only 19 years old and was preoccupied with trepidation of heading into a war zone.

4 Likes

I was walking along the other day on the main drag here in Yokosuka and thereā€™s a vending machine that sells chicken soup stock. Go figureā€¦

3 Likes

Thereā€™s one in my 'hood that sells fresh vegetables.

3 Likes

While shopping for some Japanese snacks to bring back with me to New Jersey, I bumped into @Tokyo_Rat and the Mrs. in the store. Iā€™ve been too busy with work to visit Larry a second time but as soon as this COVID thing is over and my schedule allows, Iā€™m coming back to Japan and this time weā€™ll go see @howard and check out that music store he posted about yesterday.
Iā€™m going dark for a couple of days as I travel back home. See you all then.

12 Likes

lookin forward to it Jerry

4 Likes

Have a great trip home!

4 Likes

Have a safe trip, @JerryP . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Welcome home @JerryP

3 Likes

@Tokyo_Rat, @howard, @Jazzbass19 @PamPurrs
Thank you all for the good wishes.
Iā€™m back home and jet-lagged as hell but Iā€™ll get through it. 12:30 am here and wide awake.

10 Likes