Totally Off Topic: Mens shoes

I like my Johnston and Murphy’s a lot, I just wish they made a more casual boot to wear around town. I’ve been on the hunt for a good quality black leather chukka or ankle height “mod” looking (rounded toe) casual boot for a few months.

1 Like

god i love this forum :smile:

3 Likes

I miss my boots.

Probably my two favorites were “free” too; general issue black desert combat boots, and general issue combat boots. So damn comfortable once broken in.

1 Like

Being a former Navy guy, I got issued a pair of Boondockers rather than combat boots. Actually, Boonies might work for what I’m wanting. Time to do some shopping while I’m sitting here in a meeting that I won’t have to talk in.

1 Like

btw i used to wear doc martens or army supply store combat boots exclusively. both of them would last me about 6 months a pair until they would completely fall apart. this got really expensive with doc martens. now i buy my boots from lugz. they fall apart in about 4-6 months also but are only $40 a pair.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with them for their job! Plus they look good.

Hell, 6 months? A good pair of boots is only just then getting fully comfy.

There’s a whole lot of fake combat boots out there, often sold in surplus stores. A failure rate like that is wild.

I’m really hard on boots. my wife says I have crooked feet which isn’t untrue

1 Like

I finally found my first pair of Merrell’s that I haven’t destroyed the soles of in half a year. It turns out they make their Moab hiking boot in a shoe format too. Love it so far.

2 Likes

Also, Merrell are about as comfortable as it gets!

PS I never had any issues with the soles but a) I have about 10 pairs to choose from and b) I use the barefoot versions (mostly the vapor gloves)

1 Like

I’ve been walking the dogs in a pair of Keen’s for 3-ish years now, about 2 - 4 miles a day / 360 days a year and the soles are in great shape. I’m starting to get a hole where the toes crease but I mean, I’ve put 1500 - 2000 miles on them at this point.

I did find some Boondockers today, they should get here this week.

1 Like

The advantage of Keen for me is they do an option of a wide foot in all sizes.

I smashed up my left foot racing motorbikes and the bone spur makes a wider foot a real joy.

2 Likes