Two-Fisted Punching Machines - the Double P topic

:100:

1 Like

I don’t know. What Nordstrand says about their Big Split

“The Big Split tone is one of both precision and muscularity. Its nature is of a sort of hybrid P/J character, only it delineates a smoother, stronger, and richer tonal palette.”

Understand that the Big Break is the Big Split design but crafted in Indonesia instead of the US. I put two EMG P4 soapbars in my Stream and it did not have the same effect, it was a nice tone but did not have the punch. It was indeed smoother

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I don’t think I saw this mentioned:

Fender Blacktop Jazz

4 Likes

Drool I’ve never seen a Warwick with a maple neck. This looks just gorgeous. Love the configuration too. If I ever buy a bass again it would be the Warwick or the pebble grey Sandberg which both are waaaaay above my budget :relieved:

My luthier said the Harley Benton Gotoh’s are really well built and a good starting point for modding. Not sure if they have a double P configuration?

1 Like

I have sprung a stiffee

1 Like

I posted these Elites before, but here are some other color combos…

1 Like

New Jersey Guitar and Bass Center Warwick Buzzard.
Yours for only $9,000

1 Like

and of course…
My SIMS bass which has a double P mode (its actually the mode I use the most on it…

3 Likes

Those do seem like awesome pickups. How much do they actually sound like P pickups?

The pickups are passive and it seems it will work on a previously passive instrument as well; how does it power the LED’s in that case?

1 Like

I don’t have a comparison for the double, but the P J and humbucker modes all sound like their namesakes for sure.

There is a battery that powers the LED, same battery that powers the Glockenclang preamp.

I tend to like to use the bass in odd modes J/P, M/P, P/P, etc

2 Likes

Cool. I would probably trade the J mode for a phase switch for the humbuckers but otherwise sounds cool.

Most of the double P Warwicks are custom shops, but there is a off-the-shelf corvette limited edition.

Theres still a few of them in the shops.

5 Likes

Here’s one I hadn’t heard of…

https://www.sweetwater.com/used/listings/73452-used-westbury-westbury-track-4-bass-1980japanese?qid=503d043780692501e7fa8fca95cd922c&oid=73452

1 Like

just saying to myself that Fender could release a Leland Sklar Double-P based on his Frankenstein bass …

3 Likes

G&L Matador Dual P Custom Shop, about $2,700

5 Likes

The Matador sounds amazing, but I am out of wall space :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Man if only the matador didn’t have a stingray-like metal control plate. It needs to lose either that or the pickguard.

Agree here.
It’s like it has a personality disorder.

1 Like

Great deal here on a BC Rich… $561 USDs

3 Likes

Note that that is used ( 中古).

1 Like