Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Stop, you are going to get me in trouble.
I still need to get that P body off you when you are out this way, but once I sell a few, I think a G&L is on the horizon.
The bridges and pick ups are just so freaking cool, and unique to G&L

3 Likes

Love it John.
I must say I like the P bass body Aerodynes to the Jazz bass ones, but to each their own.

4 Likes

Back in my day I’d get it Pushed. Nice!

1 Like

I didn’t know you could tune a rigid fork.

4 Likes

I’m going to have to show you guys my park pre with king wheels when I get it finished. I love vintage xc rigs!

1 Like

Here’s the thread for it :+1:

2 Likes

Well that should be me future proofed. :crossed_fingers:

Pedalboard PSU upgraded from a rechargable Pedaltrain Volto (9v only) to the Cioks DC7 which gives me 9,12,15,18v options plus USB.

8 Likes

I just got one of those too. I was using a DC5 but my pedal collection got too big for it.

3 Likes

The DC7 is overkill for me (at the moment) but it has USB power out that lets me power the G10 relay.

Most power supplies, including the DC5 don’t have that.

I love the way they include a template for drilling the holes in your pedalboard, it makes mounting the PSU neatly a quick and trivial job.

6 Likes

I may not be the greatest bassist in the world, but I’m perfectly in tune! :smiley:

The nice thing about the Strobostomp is that while it has a gazillion features to explore, you can still just plug it in and tune. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the concept of “sweetened tunings.”

At the other end of the economic spectrum is my new Behringer BDI 21, which continues the Behringer tradition of producing shameless knock-offs of classic gear that actually work pretty well and selling them at a fraction of the price of said gear.

It does a nice job of emulating an SVT while also providing me with a DI out that I can run into my DAI.

11 Likes

That Strobostomp is the the best tuner hands down

6 Likes

Yeah really love Peterson products.

Nice call on the BDI-21 too, one of the biggest values in music.

7 Likes

yeah, still a pretty impressive little piece of gear. I don’t use mine anymore but I really want to keep it, it’s a true classic.

7 Likes

Its funny that the tuner cost almost 4 times as much as the BDI. :crazy_face:

Great pedals!

5 Likes

Yeah, the BDI is almost free and sounds exactly like the $150 first-gen Sansamp it is a clone of :slight_smile:

Behringer is great for that.

5 Likes

hey john, i know it was a little while ago but let us know what you think of them. i’m strongly considering putting those on my little ibby mikro.

edit. oh duh, never mind. i should have kept reading. they sound like nice pups :+1:

4 Likes

yeah, they are cool, but I would say more specific a tone than an all around workhorse.
I like having the variety. I wouldn’t want them on my ‘only bass’, but glad they are in the mix.

5 Likes

Got up early this morning and played some bass before work. And I really miss my Stream.

So, ordered a new set of strings for it, D’addario XT 45-100

Relatively new string, like an NYXL but warmer. Make my 3 top basses my Dark Queen, my fat bottomed girl (the Schecter), and my Stream

Also looking for a distortion pedal. Working on Elephant by Tame Impala on the FBG and it needs distortion. Any recommendations?

4 Likes

Yep - listen to them all. Haha
They are all surely different (like fuzz) and to me a personal preference thing. I’ve got a Gamechanger Plasma but it’s like steroidal distortion so fairly specific.

3 Likes

That’s a cool sound, not a heavy distortion, just a tight overdrive.
Makes me think of a RAT at low gain.

2 Likes