Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

OK the JBLs are fantastic. The bass response is way, way better than my Alesis Elevate’s. Makes sense too, the JBLs bottom out at 42-49Hz, while the Alesis is 80Hz.

6 Likes

@terb, this video might be interesting. In case you haven’t seen it yet :wink:

3 Likes

Sell the Pedal Tuner!

2 Likes

Lobster is interesting, doesn’t matter what he is doing, its always a fun watch.

I actually preferred the Geezer Buttler pickups, but they both sounded good and both are a really big improvement to the stock pick ups. of course, you are not buying a pick up when you buy a bass that cost what a pick up cost.

Edit: I do prefer the P design with the metal cover plate on the other bass tho.

2 Likes

Yes, the Relentless metal covers look great :star_struck:

3 Likes

I was talking about the control plate, and pick guard instead of the all in one pick guard design, but the metal covers are cool too, that whole look on that bass is cool.

1 Like

Oh… :sweat_smile:
Well, I’m actually not that fond of that design. It’s utilitarian but not very harmonious for my taste :wink:

3 Likes

Its OK, we should switch pick ups, then we would both be happy.

2 Likes

Mini superficial but completely necessary upgrade to my Yammy 5er

9 Likes

Great choice, and yes, it is TOTALLY NECESSARY

I have those on my ESP LTD Slyer Bass, the Tom Arraya signature model.
With Red strings too.
It is sick, let me find pictures.

7 Likes

I haven’t been MIA but busy! I have been dedicating a lot of time to practicing over at Bass Education with private lessons and such but thought I would jump in and share some of my upgrades over the last month or so. When things open back up fully I landed a gig playing with a Jazz band at a local college should kick off this Summer.
I added an Orange OBC 112 to my Hartke 210 set up which fills in really nice. and I bought a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz V that I absolutely love!

10 Likes

Wow man, that is fantastic. So stoked for you, I bet that is gonna be so fun, and challenging. But I know you will kill it.

6 Likes

Thanks @T_dub It will be challenging but I am super stoked to get back out there. Things are shaping up nicely!

6 Likes

WTH do you get RED strings? That. Is. Awesome.

5 Likes

DR Strings, the colors,
Orange are on my Stingray. they got green, red, Red White and Blue and white glow in the dark.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Oh yeah, they also have purple, and possibly Yellow, so most colors you can really want. you can’t buy colord strings like purchasing paint, and get any color and shade you want, but they have it covered pretty well.

Also, the strings, they are good, they are not just for show. they are coated, and they are round wound, but the coating smooths them out a little. it also is said (by Geezer Buttler) to wick the sweat from your fingers and any sweat dripping off you, so that it helps your fingers to not get blisters and stuff.
I doubt I would get blisters, but he said when they start a tour, they have to play harder for the crowd, like much harder then just rehersing or recording (his words), and ever since he switched to DR coated strings, he does not get blisters anymore. He said they still get a little sore before they callous up all the way, but he said its way better.

He also has a signature Geezer Buttler Lakland P-bass, with EMG Geezer Buttler pick ups, and DR Red Strings on it.

4 Likes

OK this is a hell of a selling point for the SSL2:

12 Likes

it goes to 11 !

6 Likes

I am so happy

5 Likes