Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Hmm, set up would probably be ok.
A little wider, I have the full keyboard with number block on the side, but mouse hand goes that far out, so I suppose the track pad could.

I may think of one of those down the road a bit.
Thanks for the tip.

3 Likes

The pickups for the Jauguar shipped today…but won’t be here til Tuesday. I have a few parts to install then.

From EMG
Active PJ pickups
BTC EQ
ABC - Active Balance Control

Black control plate
Black Tusq nut
Black screws for the pickguard
Black Hipshot Bridge

I may get started on that this weekend and just finish up with the pickups. This part of the process is exciting.

6 Likes

Well today’s the day. My EMG pickups came in, so I dropped everything off with the Luthier and it will be done by the time I get off work. Active pickups, EQ, black control plate, Hipshot bridge, will be a new bass.

Now I need a name

5 Likes

Big +1 for Minotaur.
Tried them out and the strap is awesome.
Ordered it on sept 1 and it arrived today (7th) from Greece to NY USA!

Soft comfy love it.

5 Likes

Well that didn’t go as planned. I went to pick it up, and the action was great, it look great all in black, and sounded great. But…for some reason the Luthier didn’t install the blend pot or the EQ, it was the standard volume/volume/tone. Well, I’ll pick it up tomorrow I guess

3 Likes

I’m confused.
The EMGs come with the solderless electronics already.
Did he just ignore them?

2 Likes

No, he installed the volume and tone pots that came with the pickups, and ignored the box that had the EQ and blend. Well, he installed the battery connections from the second box so I have 18 volts in the system, but still.

3 Likes

AH, you are really upgrading.
Which pickups again?

1 Like

EMG active PJ set along with the BTC control set

1 Like

Ah ok, I had not seen that before. Cool.
Had you heard this setup and liked it or just trying something new?
Asking as I just used the active Bello set as is.
Not looking to change it, curious why you chose that route?

1 Like

Well, I am an Ian Hill fan, and he started out with a Jazz bass, as did I, and moved on to Spector. The EMG active PJ with two band EQ, Alder body, Rosewood fretboard is just a classic Spector sound. Only difference I have is an Ebony fretboard.

I saw Rodney McG’s comparison, and almost went with the AX, but stayed with the classic Spector sound in the end.

The other factor is my final bass, which has been on order quite some time but not out yet, will have Seymour Duncans and a more vintage vibe. So this PJ will be my rocker.

3 Likes

Not a bass, but…

10 Likes

Nice Howard @howard ,
Can’t wait to hear it in your next cover👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Looks like a mighty fine Hammond B3 bed to me :wink:

3 Likes

It comes with Analog Lab V, which has their B3-V Hammond presets in it :slight_smile:

29 presets from B3-V, drawbars pre-mapped to the sliders for you :slight_smile:

Analog Lab V is pretty sweet. It’s all the presets from their V Collection synths.

All of them. 6500, in fact.

5 Likes

Nice.

3 Likes

It’s been in the house for almost 12 hours and it’s still stock… can’t have that!

First some upgrades in the “exterior luster” department.

Plastic truss rod cover and stock tuning machine pegs replaced with Wenge to match the fretboard.

21 Likes

Now that is cool!

6 Likes

Beautiful!!…

6 Likes

My oh my.
I’m sat here going green with envy! You’ve got the brass just-a-nut too!

5 Likes