Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

They’re going to look great on your teambuilt!
And you held out for a full 24 hours too! :wink:

It wouldn’t be the first time @Mac :rofl:

5 Likes

You can also just play the amp with the 2x10 or 1x15 (depending which speaker size you fancy more) and still blow some air lol. For home use you really don’t need a powerconditioner? Just stripping down a bit will make it look less prominent and easier to carry around. :wink:

Nice rig tho!

4 Likes

They’re good lookin pegs you know.

4 Likes

I must actually thank @HowlinDawg for making me aware of them. I managed to get a better deal on postage buying from Emma Music in France.
They certainly are a thing of beauty @Wombat-metal .

3 Likes

Did you go for the Brass JAN too?

3 Likes

Not this time. I’ve gone for some ebony pot knobs , and new MEC pickups just to make it look pretty :flushed:
But Christmas isn’t far away :joy:

3 Likes

LMAO - I’m gonna be labeled an outlaw by Mrs Mac. :scream:

I’m looking forward to seeing the results, it should be something special. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
I just mention the horses feed bill and all is good :joy:

3 Likes

@Paul, that was my thought too. If I were to eventually jam with some folks I’d probably take just the 2x10 and head. And the amp itself fits in a U1 slot - and there’s an empty U1 slot on the power conditioner, so I could combine them to get a touch more compact. But just to play with some other folks, the 2x10 and one of these (at 5 pounds) is actually pretty manageable.

Great deal aside - when I started looking, I was just after a decent cabinet because my practice amp is all of 25w. My plan was to pair that with a small “transparent” amp head that just lets the signal go through clean without coloring it. All the tone adjustments/color I want will be via Zoom B1 Four. It turns out I got this behemoth with two very good cabinets when I wasn’t expecting it. Nothing stopping me from just putting the conditioner, head and 1x15 in storage and using the 2x10 as I originally envisioned with a tiny, inexpensive class D head. (I could sell the other stuff too - but how can I break up such a pretty matched set?)

4 Likes

I had that one! Was really good and I wish I hadn’t sold it… :slight_smile: The Tracy Elliot one is nice too if you want something similar in size.

3 Likes

Been there, done that. It’s amazing how effectively they can turn money into manure.

3 Likes

A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into. Horse is the same thing only the hole is in a pasture!

3 Likes

" Sailing the Fine Art of Getting Wet and Becoming Ill While Slowly Going Nowhere at Great Expense"

2 Likes

“If you want to experience the thrill of sailing, stand in the shower with the cold water on full while ripping up $100 bills.”

2 Likes

Going to be a busy weekend……

The Squier Fretless is getting a much needed pickup upgrade (other things while I’m at it.

The Aerodyne PJ came to me with passive EMGs which I now officially don’t like 2x and will be selling those off once modded with set #2 here.

“Nurse, pass the screwdriver and soldering iron, let’s begin”.

10 Likes

Really interested in hearing how the Fralin’s sound

2 Likes

I have the P in the Fender HMT hollow body and love it (my next cover will feature it mixed with the piezo using tape wound La Bellas). Interested in hearing the jazz side as well.

2 Likes

Nice! Lindey Fralin’s shop makes some of the best pickups available today.
If those are CTS pots, you may need to drill out the holes in your control plate a bit. As I recall, the Indonesian Squiers come with the smaller pots, while the CTS pots have larger shafts.
I don’t recall the exact dimensions, but do remember that the holes need to be slightly larger, and your current knobs might not fit.

2 Likes

I cheated and went with the Fralin pre-wired control plate for my Squier Jazz. And then paid somebody else to install it, because I’m a weenie about these things :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Next very small upgrade for next week. Ordered a set of Fodera bass strings for the Jaguar, she really needs a name. 5 string set, the strings I will use will be 60 80 100 120, so super light strings for BEAD.

3 Likes