Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WUK19U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The also have split shaft on Amazon as well.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Finally got it done today, I’ve been putting it off for the longest time. Thanks to @John_E when he upgraded his pickups he asked me if I wanted this set for a killer deal. The red EMG pj HZ set. Delivers very good amount of power. I’ll order the red knobs to complete the set.

13 Likes

They look great in that bass. Never thought about red knobs, good call.

4 Likes

Yeah I just ordered the red fluted knobs it should match.

3 Likes

Nice

1 Like

I upgraded the switching on my project bass. I think it went well.
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.47.38 PM

10 Likes

That is sick AF!!!
Red knobs are where it’s at!

2 Likes

You should have used a dimmer in there @Barney

5 Likes

Dude! If that’s for real, it’s epic.

5 Likes

That’s definitely a Red Green job. Needs some duct tape.

3 Likes

Speaking of epic. I just finished this today, inspired by the custom shop. It’s a Squier MIJ E series with British Racing green. I have the fender anodized gold aluminum but this custom pickguard is darker so more color contrast. Originally I want to put the the EMG SL20 pickguard set on but it turns out this body only routed for 3 singles so luckily I have the DG20, I just swapped out the pickguard. Hipshot locking tuners, and fender American Tremelo bridge.
I put a flat wound on it but made a mistake of installing the D and G string. Hmmm! Another set is on the way.

10 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

For the Surveyor

6 Likes

Interesting choice/combo. Very cool.
Can you select between upper and lower?
What made you pick it?

4 Likes

You can choose between pickups, either an MM or Jazz. The Surveyor 400 has a similar setup but with an EMG pickup; but it’s a little harsh and hot for my liking. I chatted with Best Bass Gear and think this is a good solution that won’e change my setup.

4 Likes

Let us know, I don’t know anything about Delanos, but do know the BBG guys do like them a lot. I have a Delano 2 band preamp in my Fender HMT per their reco and it works great.

5 Likes

I remember you saying good things about BBG and thought I would try thenm out.

They also suggest pairing this with a Bartolini soapbar P pickup but that’s not in stock. So I’m going to go with the current EMG P soapbar and pair with that, and take it from there

5 Likes

The only reason I even recognize that name is that Sandberg specs some of their guitars with them. I’m still trying to justify pulling the trigger on a Sandberg :slight_smile:

https://www.bassbuddha.com/product/sandberg-tm4-creme-hardcore-reserve/

5 Likes

Because you work hard and you deserve it!

5 Likes