Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

I sense some soldering in my future.
This will be going into the Warwick.

6 Likes

Ooh. Nice choice on the preamp. Even if I dislike 2-bands :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. I didn’t want to change the control layout so with just four knobs available I had to choose between either active mids or a passive mode with passive tone.

4 Likes

Yeah. If I hadn’t sold my LX4 I was considering drilling holes for an active/passive switch and a third pot, and throwing a Tone Capsule in it. However, the problem was where to put them to fit with the control cavity.

4 Likes

John East do a pre with 3 bands and passive option with just four knobs (Stacked and push pulls) but ultimately I wanted to try the Glock with the MEC pickups.

We’re spoiled for choice these days.

5 Likes

Geez @HowlinDawg , I’ve just fitted the wenge tuners you made me buy the last time you led me astray and now you’ve gone and posted this preamp!
What am I to do ? :joy:

3 Likes

These are excellent!
I have the 3 band in the SIMs pickup bass and love it.
I drilled the extra hole and did the ‘shuffle the knobs, wiggle the boards’ dance until it all finally fit in the existing cavity, was fun but tight.
You will really like it.

6 Likes

Damn, that really is a tight squeeze John!
Luthier Tetris. :wink:

3 Likes

First things first… Pics needed! :smiley:

We’d better figure that out soon Mac because I’m not likely to stop any time soon. :joy:

5 Likes

That is one fully loaded banana.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I tell myself!! E-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e. :joy:

6 Likes

I hate waiting.

Right now I’m at work while the Luthier is installing a Delano Jay Ray pickup in my Surveyor. Patience is not always my forte

4 Likes

And I need to be more patient, as the luthier didn’t get the wiring to the switch right, and will be back Thursday to fix. So 48 hours, stay tuned

4 Likes

Isn’t that the second time this happened?

5 Likes

Yeah, it is what it is. Only 1 luthier in the area

5 Likes

Seems like an opportunity :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, guess what the little GAS fairy dropped off today:

I’m debating whether to put them on (and record a comparison with the old strings - GHS precision flats) o whether to wait until the Steve Harris pickups arrive, which has a lead time of 3 to 5 business days… since July 8th :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What would you guys do?

6 Likes

Although very tempting I would certainly think about holding off for a little while longer to see if the pickups do arrive.
Having said that it’s very easy for me to write that but it would be very difficult for me to follow :joy:

4 Likes

Yes, that’s my thinking too.

I’ll attempt to hold off. I’ll concentrate on the project bass. Working on the neck now.

4 Likes

Build a bridge?
Have any small streams you wish to drive over?

2 Likes