Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Thanks Mac. It came with the white pickguard apparently they are not the same as fender standard so some elbow grease involved,lol.
The pickguard is from D’andrea made in USA.
I got the whole bass. G&L is very difficult to part together.

8 Likes

Love that first squire, it even works with the gold. Very nice all around.

3 Likes

I love G&L bridges, they are awesome, and that color is amazing. I kind of like it stock, but still cool with he new pick guard.

3 Likes

Yeah they sold them at 30% off directly because there’s a scratch by the neck heel. When I got I sanded down with 3200 grit then 6000 smooth as silk. Brand new from G&L. I’m happy.

4 Likes

Man the G&L MFD pickup is pretty impressive. Very crisp and punchy.

3 Likes

New pickups….

And if the shipping fairies are kind today I’ll have something to put them in…more to come.

8 Likes

looks very nice ! I would really love the look if it had chrome hardware

2 Likes

Looking forward to your take on these. I read a lot about the SPB3 and SJB3 pickups and welcome an opinion from a trusted source.

1 Like

I love the :hamburger: pickups. My SPB4’s are a variation on the theme. Pretty huge output.

1 Like

They are not my ‘normal thing’ but I can see where they would be really cool in certain tunes, tones, etc. They would have done a stint in my testbed bass but the SIMs haven’t left it yet for their perma-home (which may be years away). So, a home presented itself and so will give them a go. Will update when the delivery fairy falls upon my stoop later (hoping).

2 Likes

So after a very brief play all I can say is I love these pickups!
Nice aggressive tone for sure, plenty of klank without adding any further preamp klank.
Glad I have them as an option.

And they sure look good on the new bass…

10 Likes

Upgraded rear mtb shock. Fox float X2. That’s the equivalent of a Mexican P Bass and a few pedals lol. Stick to Bass kids, it’s way cheaper :sunglasses:

5 Likes

funny, I’m not a big fan of the SPB3 (I much prefer the SPB2) but a lot of people seem to love it. perfectly fine as long as everybody is happy :v::grin:

I wasn’t sure I would be either but I’m digging it. So now I have the 1 and the 3, need to see what the two is all about.

3 Likes

And then you can check out the 4.

2 Likes

Not a big upgrade; I had a set of LaBella DTF’s lying around for a while and when I got back to NJ I decided to put them on my Squire Vintage '70’s P bass.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

8 Likes

We know how this goes… it sounds awesome!! Throw a little foam in to mute them just a touch… so good! If you’re used to 45-105 round wounds, these will seem a fair bit stiffer. Give em two weeks before you judge them. They just get better and better. For me that is. I know we’re all different.

4 Likes

I just ran through a few songs and they sound awesome! I’m going to give them a day or so to stretch before checking the intonation but they feel and sound great!

6 Likes

They are my faves!

3 Likes

If the silks are touching the saddles it may cause intonation issues. Not generally on a p bass but just in case it gives you any grief

2 Likes