Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Upgraade!!
I just carried this Rumble100 home
(im gonna call it R100)
literally… by the handle carried & can definitely vouch for it’s portability :+1:
It doesn’t feel any heavier to me than the Frontman 15B on the shelf below it (if my pic works out)
Guitar Center is a dangerously convenient 10 minute walk from home and they’re good to me. Since joining B2B i’ve bought and returned a Squire CV '70 J then a MIM Fender J before finding what sounds, feels and looks right to me… the Squire CV '60 P and a Sterling sub.
I started feelin guilty about buying/returning/buying/returning, but they’re cool with it.
Anyway… while i was there today, checkin out preamp pedals, i noticed that the price on the R100 was only $50 more than what i paid for the highly recommended Rumble40 just after signing up for B2B and to me 60 more rumbles for 50 more dollars is a no brainer, that’s less than a dollar per rumble
:metal::laughing: :metal:
I was “a little” outside of the 45 day return policy window, but they told me that if I bring the R40 back tomorrow, they’ll give me a full refund… Deal!!
My neighbors might say that the R40 was adequate for a 700 sq. ft. apt. but what do they know? …as far as i can tell they don’t even play bass :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Nice upgrade @jason74
I nearly succumbed to the same amp model GAS last week but resisted

5 Likes

You are a stronger man than I @Mac I was completely derailed… I had no intention of carrying an amp home today, I was supposed to be buying the preamp that a guy on Youtube said I must have

5 Likes

Oh I folded a few days later and bought these

Not a well known brand but cheap enough to give it a chance

9 Likes

NICE!! How are you liking it? …and is that passive/active input button effective? The rumble doesn’t have that feature, but i’ve seen it & wondered about it on other amps

5 Likes

Still waiting on Australia Post to deliver it unfortunately.
I’ll let you know what the active/ passive thing does when it eventually arrives. Mail out here is a bit hit and miss

4 Likes

Australia? Cool!!

4 Likes

The active/passive switch is design decision. Some amps have it, some don’t. The Rumble amps are designed so they don’t need the switch.

5 Likes

Ahh :+1:

4 Likes

My amp has a variable gain knob and an active/passive switch.
I find just properly adjusting input gain (basically play around until the clipping light comes on then back it off a bit) seems to work just fine on all my various basses.
I tend to forget about the Hi/Lo unless I am really struggling for some reason.
Since my bass generally goes through a preamp pedal or other effects, gain can be further adjusted there etc.

The gain with the clipping light combo to me is a key cool feature.

5 Likes

Good info, thanks

4 Likes

Embarrassing upgrade day !
I thought I’d ordered a new Sansamp VT bass di but in a moment of over exuberance I actually ordered a new Sansamp V2 bass di :joy::joy::joy:
Ah well , stupid is stupid does
It’s actually a really cool unit which I will be keeping

7 Likes

Oh yeah, they are all solid. Really well made preamps with excellent tone.

4 Likes

You just went OG! I personally dig the original one. That makes us both stupid :clap:

5 Likes

Bass had shipped. No delivery date yet.

The waiting is the hardest part

13 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

5 Likes

Ha, I always look online for my next bass while I am waiting for the one I just purchased to be delivered :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Nice. Ikebe’s done pretty well by this forum in the last couple days :rofl:

5 Likes

Been a stressful day. First @howard buys a bass, and now my bass seems stuck at Senan-shi.

Okay that doesn’t bother me so much; when I got the Harley Benton it took a long pause too, but that was when it was on a flight. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case here too. So patience is a virtue in these end days. I mean that was one of the signs wasn’t it? The Four Horseman apper, the Number of the Beast, and Howard buys a bass?

5 Likes

I was right, it’s in Oakland, and if I am reading it correctly has been released through customs, and is scheduled for delivery Thursday as of this time. Which is highly changeable these days.

I can get a quality bass faster from Germany or Japan than I can from Sweetwater or GC. What’s wrong with this picture?

5 Likes