Well, Covid

I hear ya.

The wife and kids are all done. I let them make their own decisions without pushing.

I shall wait until Canada says, I can’t get my updated health card or drivers license

That will be forced…and will p1ss me off to a greater extent…but I need a license for work.

I think I’m just tired of being felt like I’m targeted as one or the other…I personally don’t care who is vaxed and who isn’t. At my office, we wear masks inside and sanitize like crazy people…I work outside 80% of the time, so that isn’t a major concern …but we shall see what we are forced into.
As for crossing the border…couldn’t care one bit. I have gone into the USA maybe 3 times in 15 yrs. Disney and one of the other big parks…and bass pro shops for fishing gear. (Which we have a few locally now). Kids are in university now and they can go to Disney on their own now.
I used to say, every time I put my truck in park, it cost me 600 bucks.
Hahaha

Cheers

4 Likes

I’m on my way to full vaccination but totally get the reluctance of some people. It’s okay to say stuff like above but all I will say is thalidomide and agent orange. Both allegedly safe and both have caused major health problems.
I’m hoping and praying that the very short time that the vaccines have been tested will not bite future generations in the ass.
Meanwhile the Chinese economy grows, the western economy declines and no one has admitted they’ve f*cked up wether accidentally or possibly intentionally.
Anyhow, not on here to even think about this. It’s on every damn tv program in some way, shape or form over here atm. This is my safe bass place and long may it be

3 Likes

Amen Brother. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s the beauty of using MRNA, it doesn’t leave anything behind in your system as it degrades quickly, as all RNA does.

My sister, the doctor and biomolecular chemist, explained it but it went over my head to be honest

6 Likes

We inject poison in cancer patients.
Why?
The benefit outweighs the risk.
This is a fundamental in phara science.
There is more data now on this vaccine than any other in history, albeit not long term data (but you don’t get that with any vaccine or medicine until, well, the long term.
This is how it works.
Possible issues from a vaccine vs. higher risk of death or long term issues from Covid.
It’s a calculated/educated risk.
Always has been, always will be, all medicine.

What I cannot fathom is the concept of taking wanting to take some horse medicine vs. the vaccine because some nut jobs on facebook said it works, but you are skeptical of the vaccine.
If this concept makes sense to anyone, please help me understand.

4 Likes

100%
I dislike social media for this reason.
What’s not helping here ( I don’t know about anyone else’s country) is we have had mixed messages from the government throughout which feeds the foil hat brigade.
We had a member of the state government Covid team yesterday say that it doesn’t matter if you end up infertile from the vaccine further down the line at least you won’t end up on a ventilator!
Strange times bring out the zealots and nutters on both sides for sure
Fear feeds paranoia and this seems very heightened at the moment.
Anyway…… which is best ? Flat wound or round wound strings?

2 Likes

Well not just that, but ivermectin is an anti parasite drug; in humans it treats head lice. Not anti viral. How is it supposed to work against a virus? Like using Off on an infection instead of mosquitos.

To me its moot. In the medical field we were mandated to take it, which I had no problem with. I remember my friend Vinny who had polio in elementary school. Why don’t we see polio now?

2 Likes

Didn’t know it treated head lice.
I use it as a wormer and also a rain scald treatment on the horses ( humidity/ heat skin condition)

1 Like

It’s a topical treatment for head lice. The pills are for farm animals.

1 Like

Ah okay :+1:

There must be some medical condition term (other than stupidity) for when you seek out a totally unproven thing that you hear by word of mouth and judge it less risky than a thing with some amount of data. Or, maybe it’s just called stupidity after all.

Lunacy?

Culty tribalism?

3 Likes

To be fair and accurate, Ivermectin has also been FDA approved in the US for consumption by humans orally in pill form as an anti-parasitic for 25 years. Side effects are as low as anything. Peer reviewed studies published in medical journals claim it to be effective against covid. More than a small number of doctors worldwide are prescribing it for that use.

With that basis, I think a person who finds it interesting has a reasonable basis to consider it potentially valid.

Why an anti-parasitic would be effective against a virus is a fair question and cause for skepticism. But that’s how science works, inspiring the next question to be properly investigated rather than being summarily dismissed.

I can’t give as much credit for neglecting to take into consideration that livestock weigh more than humans.

1 Like

I read that wrong and thought “how rude!” :joy::joy::joy:

ROFL

Really I think that’s it though. Social media encourages these culty bubbles where people believe amazingly stupid shit because of what amounts to tribal groupthink. Other people in the in-group are saying it, so we should trust them more than the experts!

2 Likes

That’s more than a small amount misleading :slight_smile:

A vanishingly small number of doctors worldwide, compared to the total number of doctors worldwide are prescribing it. The vast majority of the medical community is sitting somewhere between condemnation of the practice and open ridicule.

1 Like

Science doesn’t respond to ridicule or popularity. The method is to show that the study is invalid at which point it is noted as such or removed.

I’m just saying I won’t be calling any casual individuals stupid for believing a published study that their doctor supports.

Which studies were these?

For the legitimate looking studies I was able to find, there was only low to moderate evidence of efficacy, and these were meta-analyses, so not definitive on the methodology of the source material.

Then there is the widely quoted preprint that got withdrawn due to poor methodology:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

I would not call someone stupid for believing their doctor, either. I might have opinions about the doctor though :rofl:

2 Likes

But the study was never published, and should not be categorized as such. We’re having a different conversation than that.