Well, Covid

They acknowledge removal of the flawed study you identified from the meta-analysis.

I’m not really trying to hard argue the Ivermectin case itself, just illustrate that enough support for it exists for it not to be completely silly.

Given the surprisingly high breakthrough case rate, I like people making investigations into augmenting therapeutics beyond a silver bullet limitation. Severe case breakthrough is rare now, but no guarantee it stays that way or that boosters are available before variants hit. More ideas please.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. The site publishing that study clearly is biased and has an agenda (if you go to the top level it’s basically a large-scale “Ivermectin truth” ad.)

HOWEVER. They did get AJT to publish their meta-analysis, and AJT is peer-reviewed and has been around for around 30 years, so it’s not some fly by night place. So that’s interesting.

Agree that therapeutics are a critical area of exploration; monoclonals are a promising obvious direction there. I’ve actually wondered about other antivirals like acyclovir too, but I am not a doctor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got no issues with clinical usage. If it works, it works.

But the animal form of ivermectin and the human are different formularies, and 70% of the calls to the Mississippi poinson control center for the month of August were people self medicating ivermectin meant for animals. Alabama too. These are the people I find fault with, the ones who will not accept peer review but will listen to gossip and take ivermectin.

Clinical usage is perfectly fine.

6 Likes

And there you go….

1 Like

Sounds like natural selection to me.

10 Likes

Completely agreed. Taking non-prescribed medications from the animal shelf is asking for trouble.

2 Likes

On the other hand, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I will have a veterinarian on my team.

1. a large part of their job involves NOT being bitten
  2. they are amazingly well versed at adapting medical equipment to unusual situations
  3. they have experience with a wide variety of anatomies, unlike your GP, who only knows one
  4. emergency trauma care is what they do every day — you need stitches? No problem
    So when Shaun of the Dead becomes reality, have your vet on speed dial :grin:
9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This is certainly glass half full thinking! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But please don’t take the Ivermectin!

As a fan of single malt scotch and having lived in Scotland.

When I hear the word Ivermectin I think of a peaty smoky malt probably casked for at least 15 years.

Slàinte

4 Likes

What about if you have Intestinal Strongyloidiasis or Onchocerciasis? I think what you meant to say was not to take the formulation for animals.

Correct the only thing you should take that’s designed for horses is Ketamine. I mean that stuff is the business!

8 Likes

LOL. Been a while since I heard someone mention Special K.

2 Likes

Lol Knock yourself out!

5 Likes

@EddieJones, how are you doing?

3 Likes

Ed just wanted to drop in and see how you are holding up

6 Likes

This stuff ain’t no joke. Everything taste like chemicals. I have not picked up my bass since it started. And I was vaccinated. I would hate to have caught this unvaccinated. Breathing deeply hurts, sweaty all the time. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

11 Likes

Well, if you want to get technical about it it’s a ROTATIONAL imperfect oblate spheroid.

3 Likes

Hang in there @EddieJones!

4 Likes