Well, Covid

I’m sorry to hear you are not feeling better yet and hope you’ll recover soon.

Regarding the taste thing: I don’t know if it helps but when a friend of mine was on chemotherapy the chemical / metallic / salty taste was one of the side effects resulting in her not wanting to eat. So I started preparing really bland food like mashed potatos and eggs without salt, adding big amounts of butter to it so she wouldn’t lose too much weight. That helped a bit.

4 Likes

stay strong and though tasteless, eat to keep up your strength. Having enough strength to fight is going to be huge in your recovery

3 Likes

There is dangerous research going on all over the world, viruses and others. This is necessary work. Now, whether or not the work in this lab was necessary or had the correct safety protocols (which, if it was from this lab are obviously not the correct protocols). But keep in mind that if it did in fact come from a lab, it does not mean it was meant as a weapon. Could be, but same amount of wasn’t can be applied. May never know. I highly doubt anyone purposefully created a virus to unleash on the world in this manner. I see no Dr. Evil types lurking about claiming world domination.

I think the ‘came from the lab’ thing is a very good assumption, but is just that. This virus acts so bizarre in so many ways that its hard to justify it as a natural progression. The really scary fact for me is that we appear to have learned little and are so focused on the wrong things (masks, anti-vaxers, etc) instead of on the mutation or the next virus that will need even more precautions that no one will follow. Then we do become a horror movie / video came come to life.

And if you ask me (and I know nothing) I would say that lab was doing and is doing very inappropriate things. Research of this level should be international not national, period.

3 Likes

Just want to toss out there that the US does some inappropriate things with Anthrax in labs as research. So if it is lab created, it could happen anywhere

Time to reread the Andromeda Strain

2 Likes

Well my boss has Covid so waiting to see if I have to isolate. Oh Joy

I certainly hope you don’t. This seriously sucks.

I re-read The Stand when this whole thing started… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope you feel better soon @EddieJones . And like others have said, the bass will be there. I’ve been going through back issues and didn’t touch the bass for months. Just getting back into it - you’ll be there soon. Health is the priority… Best wishes…

1 Like

I guess Ivermectin became too mainstream…

:rofl:

4 Likes

Stupidity is infinitely more fascinating than intelligence. Intelligence has its limits, while stupidity has none.

5 Likes

It’s made for an interesting spectator sport over the last few years, for sure.

3 Likes

@howard sometimes over the past year when I look at social media I feel like I’m inside this movie. I always suspected that there were a percentage of morons out there. I just didn’t expect the number to be so high.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Damn,now I need to get myself into an argument to use that @John_E :joy:

3 Likes

I personally would like to congratulate everyone on this thread for keeping it to well-wishes for @EddieJones and not going into a political shitstorm. You guys are the best people on the internet.

7 Likes

One week in @EddieJones . How’s you and your family doing?
I would like to point out that to @howard that I would be in agreement with the antivaxers if the gargling involved good single malt and no gargling and no COVID………….

3 Likes

@EddieJones I think that when you are fully recovered you deserve to buy yourself a new bass

5 Likes

Well, the worst thing is the breathing. You cannot take deep breaths without causing a cough reaction. Also, this chemical taste is gross. It taste like a rotten artificial citrus dessert. Close as I can describe.

5 Likes

Sounds absolutely awful. Hope things get better for you soon!

1 Like

That sounds horrendous @EddieJones . And worrying because you were vaccinated!
I’m honestly avoiding contact with anyone I don’t have to have contact with as I won’t receive my first dose until mid-October because due to doctors advice I have to wait for Pfizer.
I’m not a religious man at all in the conventional sense but I’ll certainly say a few words for you and yours tonight mate

1 Like