What albums can you listen all the way through?

Blow it out, Barn.

2 Likes

Sorry you’re having a bad day @MikeC. @autumnsdad1990 said in his post that the album he could listen to all the way through was Pikul by Silversun Pickups. I have that album somewhere. It reminds me of a certain period of my life and have fond memories of it.
Rather than look up who they were on a search engine you wrote “I have no idea who or what this is.”

This just seems unnecessarily rude. You haven’t added value or made a funny remark. You’ve just said ‘yeah never heard of them.’

I’ll be honest when you wrote about seeing Buddy Rich I had to look him up. I’d never heard of him. So I read the wiki entry and watched a couple of YT videos, you know to educate myself musically. He’s very good. Not my thing, but hey he’s an excellent musician.

What I didn’t do was write under your post.

‘Buddy Rich? Never heard of him’

Cheers

6 Likes

I personally love hlmgtfy for situations like this so I found the reply funny at least :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What you took as rude was not what I intended. It was a response to @autumnsdad1990, who I consider a friend. I dashed off a quick reply while busy at work, and I failed to tag him. That’s my bad and I regret it.

It sucks for all when things written online come off different than intended in the moment. My intent was to ask him why who he was referring to would evoke laughter, since I didn’t know them. I see how my reply was insufficiently clear. To him.

Sorry, @autumnsdad1990. Nothing but love, man. I just didn’t get what you meant when you said the album you listened to would get laughs. I wasn’t laughing for two reasons: 1) because it was your fave and post and 2) I wasn’t familiar with the album. I apologize to you that I came off badly.

5 Likes

No worries, bruh. I listen to a lot of really Archaic stuff. I actually have found a whole boatload of bands here that I’ve never heard of, and i think it’s great. I certainly haven’t taken any offense.

4 Likes

Last one I listened to was last night.
Aerosmith Toys In The Attic

7 Likes

Uncle Salty, great song.

3 Likes

Just nabbed this, will be playing it all the way through when I’m home…

7 Likes

Whole soundtrack is great.

I’m not really into a lot of the music that’s defined as ‘the classics’, so this is a whole lot more modern than 97% of what’s listed here, but Breaking Benjamin’s Ember is one album I listen through on its own in its entirety on occasion, and definitely in my personal top 3 best albums from artists that I enjoy.

4 Likes

I had to check the track listing for that and laughed when I saw “side 1” and “side 2” :smiley:

1 Like

I gave it a listen, even got out the good headphones… Apple Music only had 4 of the songs so I had to slum it on YT music :neutral_face: it was pretty good (I didn’t make it all the way through “Pretty in Pink”, great classic 80s bands :slight_smile: “Wouldn’t it be good” is a fantastic song!

1 Like

Just listened to the Danny Hutton cover version of the song for first time after putting the album on in my shop yesterday when I was working.

1 Like

I was very confused when this came in yesterday listening to the album.

I’ve recently gotten back into TOTO, so TOTO IV is the one I can listen to all the way through. I think both David Hungate and Mike Porcaro never got the attention they deserved as bass players.

1 Like

What are the other two albums, @Sarah_B ?

I learned “Lazy Eye” by Silversun Pickups.

2 Likes

Great tune, that. Nikki menninger just gets really great tone on everything. She has a band of her own, they are called let’s go sailing.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will have to check them out

1 Like

So true: I am currently listening to Stevie’s inner visions…