What albums can you listen all the way through?

Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away, and Skillet’s Awake. From my own personal taste in music, these are in my top 3 along with Breaking Benjamin’s Ember as previously stated. Like I said, I don’t really listen to what’s considered ‘the classics’, so my personal list is probably way different from most people’s in this thread haha.

2 Likes

And that’s a good thing! We like hearing about music outside of our well-tread circles. :smiley: Thanks for sharing

4 Likes

You’re in good company here, trust me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, lot’s of great people here for sure!

5 Likes

Also a lot of us that aren’t huge fans of the classics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very true. I just tend to see the same songs/albums listed when talking about music on the forums and Josh’s videos.

1 Like

I’ve always ridden a very odd spot in music. I don’t stick to one main genre. I like things from a lot of different ones and some really bizarre stuff in there.

I was driving today thinking skit how much good “new to me” music I’ve learned about in the last couple years, and just how much is out there. It’s astonishing. And we can’t forget about Poppy!

4 Likes

Classics exist across all genres and time so there really is no “the classics”; what you think are classics songs depends on what music you like and how old you are. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Drink up,” said Ford, “you’ve got three pints to get through.”
“Three pints?” said Arthur. “At lunchtime?”
The man next to Ford grinned and nodded happily. Ford ignored him. He said, “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
“Very deep,” said Arthur, “you should send that in to the Reader’s Digest. They’ve got a page for people like you.”

4 Likes

I think that’s pretty common, I like stuff from most popular genres produced over the last 100 years which don’t include Kenny G… clown core is one of my recent favs :laughing:

It took me a good while to enjoy country and opera though :sweat_smile:

I love that I can just go on Apple Music or YT and chose a playlist or a song w/ autoplay and I’ll get to hear a lot of music I’ve probably never heard before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This morning I have been listening to my 1980’s vinyl Waterboys albums.
A Pagan Place
This is the Sea
Fisherman’s Blues

1 Like

My most favorite books of all time.

2 Likes

A relative illusion at that. As you get older, one year becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of your life. 2022 is practically over at this point.

2 Likes

On my headphones as we speak.

2 Likes

And I am already sick of it!

I never heard about this movie, it seems interesting! Let’s see if I am able to convince the wife to watch it.

1 Like

Music trivia - The director is David Bowie’s son.

2 Likes