What are you listening to right now?

I’ve been reliving my younger punk days lately. First punk bass line I learned

3 Likes

That cover is glorious.

plums

Album covers are a lost art. This is a great album too if you like delta blues.

To stay on topic

2 Likes

Completely missed that release, but here we go :blush:

2 Likes

It’s hard to describe how much I love the KLF. Not my favorite band but almost assuredly my favorite two people in the music industry.

The only two people in that video actually in the band are the guys in druid suits with a horn on their head, playing flying V’s. Very cool of Miss Tammy to do this collab.

Context:

Anyone that goes on Top of the Pops dressed as druids is ok by me.

Top comment on the video nails it:

Me in 1991 : I will never get tired of this.
Me in 2023 : I will never get tired of this.

4 Likes

After having been “tortured” by all that Duran Duran and Flock of Seagulls stuff in another thread, it’s time for something “real” ^^

Bikini Girls With Machine Guns - The Cramps

2 Likes

One of my top 10 fave songs ever.
Bring the beat back…

2 Likes

And now for something completely different… sweet double bass intro to this absolute madness of a band.

2 Likes

I gotta say, I’ve never quite grokked all the Poppy love, and I don’t know the band Bad Omens, but I’m really into this:

7 Likes

I’m currently obsessed with this album (and Japanese jazz funk in general) this is one of those albums that if you are walking somewhere listening to it on headphones you end up walking in time to the music…with a swagger and the odd stank face :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

An now for something completely different. This guy amazes me, as he (being a street musician) plays everything himself, live & in realtime on modified “trash” instruments …

3 Likes

These two artists have been hot on my turntables of late, plus a lot of 60s Blue Note and assorted Studio One joints. Also the Dungeon Crawler Carl audiobook series.

2 Likes

YouTube is my TV these days, and some of the quite-random-though-still-related recommendations are sublime. This gent has me smitten. Major Holley.

3 Likes

Looks like I have tickets to see them in May. Harajuko core at its finest.

2 Likes

Black coffee and black metal, that’s what’s for breakfast!

3 Likes

This one’s towards the top of my list of basslines to learn once I hit badass status. Not that it sounds super difficult (above my level for now to be sure), but I’m trying to focus on the course before I dedicate too much serious time on whole songs.

Just noticed it didn’t post the artist. It’s Spiritualized off of Lazer Guided Melodies (1992)

2 Likes

Curtis…

4 Likes

Amazing - all three are soloing at once and yet it stays together…

2 Likes

Mindblown on that one

1 Like

wow…

4 Likes