What are you listening to right now?

The entire mix is way too high in the high mids. It actually sounds bad to me. Song’s cool though :slight_smile:

I think the entire album, so I guess that’s an artistic decision lol

1 Like

It feels like they tried to go lofi and missed, it’s got that boxy sound to the mix

1 Like

Ahahaha. I’d almost forgotten about Lady Galore. It cracks me up when TV shows fall for this. “Edgy hit band will drive ratings!”

Somewhere, somewhen, a French (maybe Belgian?) TV producer decided it was a good plan to book Lords of Acid to play Crablouse :rofl:

Gotta say this is easily the most tame I have ever seen them though. They really toned it down. They didn’t even bring the strippers.

2 Likes

Really cool sound. Give me Muse vibes.

Yes, new Crypt Sermon dropped!

Warrel Dane was one of the best metal vocalists of our generation. It’s a hill I’m ready to die on!

1 Like

Josh, and everyone. Have you checked out Lespecial? Three piece. The bass play rips the drummer rips guitar player rips. Their newest album is amazing. My favorite song is probably tonberry.

mmm, metalcore :slight_smile:

Just spent the past half hour playing this one. I had a tough time trying to get the growl out and have it sound decent still. Alot of fun to just bop your head and play.

4 Likes

So cool, so very ‘90s vibe.

1 Like

I’ve never listened to Vulfpeck, and I tried putting it on in the background at work and didn’t get it really.

Tonight we’ve listened to ~2 hours pretty much uninterrupted, mixed in with some dance party time and reading about stuff.

1 Like

This turned up in my YT Shorts feed today and I thought it was cute. It’s a rehearsal shot of the lead guitarist from Band Maid, but in normal clothes instead of a silly maid costume; just hanging out, looking like a normal person, and rocking out on her PRS.

Cool that you get the isolated guitar track there as it’s a mic by her monitor and not from the board.

Just When You Thought That It Was Safe To Pull Up YouTube

Yahooo0000000000

Turn It Up
Cheers

1 Like

My brother and I have always had a cool musical connection (he’s a drummer) and take a lot of joy in sharing songs and albums with eachother.

I grew up listening to Thrash Metal and wanted to be James Hetfield during my dark years as a guitarist.

He told me he was listening to “PetroDragonic Apocalypse”.

I’ve heard of King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard before but this…

It’s like the studied all that was good with Thrash, and gave it a go and completely nailed it!

saw the tour where they did this album and man it was great. a few captures of it on youtube that unfortunately all sound pretty bad, but you get to see it. this one may be the best?

This iteration of Lords is where they ruined Lords.
For me, everything after Lust just sucked.
Jade4U’s vocals were much better.
I saw them in the “Crablouse” tour and immediately hated Lady Galore.

At least Praga and Jade4U did Digital Orgasm which was more of a follow up to Lust than VooDoo You

1 Like

Yeah he had like nine bands and was driving much of the club techno scene at the time.

Yes, after one week of listening to this many times in the kids club of my hotel, I thoroughly enjoy this song and might make this to my first cover :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the sound on this bass line.

3 Likes