What are you listening to right now?

Ah, exactly what I need right now after being tortured by the most terrible “music” ever for a week!! Thanks!

2 Likes

I love everything about this song, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Ok except the terrible mix, lol what was their sound dude thinking.

That’s the band’s sound. Everything is washed all the time. The singer / guitarist builds pedals (Death by Audio) and they highlight the crap out of them in all the recordings. As much as I like the band, I can only do them for a bit before it just gets to be too much.

1 Like

Wow. That’s just some crazy EQ they got going there. They really like their high mids :rofl:

We are packing our stuff as we need to travel back today - but we are dancing to their sound, while our neighbours knock rhythmically on the wall. They seem to scream something too, but the music is too loud to understand their “cheering” :slight_smile:

Cool find, @faydout!

1 Like

They’re awesome, but I can’t just put their stuff on and let it go for hours. They’ve got some insane pedals, I plan on picking up the envelope filter (Deep Animation) when I get to a point where I feel like I need an envelope filter. I’m working on technique and fundamentals still, not wanting the distraction of going crazy with pedals.

While Washing Dishes This Morning Here

Stray Groovy ,
Cheers

2 Likes

So, I became an instant fan of “A Place To Bury Strangers” (thank you again @faydout !!!) - but the EQ really reminds me of bad tape copies in the 80s. It is absolutely impossible to listen to it for longer, especially on good A/V equipment!

@howard - I assume there is no way to do a liitle post processing to make it sound better???!

2 Likes

To be fair, they’re an awesome live band. I’m throwing a studio session at a US radio station (because the live stuff on youtube sounds like it was recorded with tin cans) so you can get a better idea of their sound. When I get to a point where I’m looking for folks to play with, I would LOVE to get in a band that does this kind of music. Maybe better mixing though.

It’s the whole set, but the track I linked above is the first song in the setlist.

2 Likes

It does not happen very often that I like (almost) every song a band plays, but with “A Place To Bury Strangers” that’s the case.

If only they would not have this stupid EQing philosophy. It pains me!!!

I am reminded of the times of Triphop, where they introduced scratches of f#ckling vinyl.

I HATE VINYL!!!

Why did we go digital, only to have hissing and scratching again? Why did I spend all that money on amps, and speakers and headphones?

The absolute worst was Portishead, that made one of the best albums EVER - Dummy - and decided to record it in MONO :frowning:

For the younger ones in this forum: mono is like stereo, but with one channel barf

There is if all they have done is boosted. It’s harder if they have instead filtered or EQ’d stuff away.

word

1 Like

That is a totally brilliant bass line! (guitar’s not too shabby either!)

:beers: Let’s never forget the Little Fir Tree Mr. Fichtl :rofl:

1 Like

Neil Zaza’s This Time - Live In Denmark
Walter Cerasani - Bass (Love the tone!)
Enrico Cianciusi - Drums

I Do Like This Tune But What Is That Intro From ? Can’t Put My Finger On It But Its So Recognizable

Happy Wednesday ,
Cheers

Y’see there’s this girl with a Banjo and…
Well, just watch it through.

1 Like

Recently Saki announced she was leaving Nemophila, and they announced they would continue as a 4 piece. Sadge.

Last night they did a livestream on Instagram, and we see how they will move forward. Mayu played rhythm guitar on a few songs along with vocals, but here’s the exciting bit.

Hazuki used to trade off guitar solos with Saki, that is over. But now the back and forth is between Hazuki and Haraguchi-san on bass. I wish there were clips to show, but it was really cool.

More bass solos is always good.

Here’s the old lineup

1 Like

This dropped today

1 Like

Trilok Gurtu @ Rhino Jazz
Trilok Gurtu, percussion;
Tulug Tirpan, piano;
Jonathan Cunado, bass;
Frederik Koster: trumpet

1 Like