What are you listening to right now?

You would be correct and well… damn… That was both extremely unexpected and mightily impressive. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not Tati’s clean voice either, she is singing like Britney to make her growls pop more.

And the bassist is a beast

5 Likes

No problem!! Enjoy!

They’re a band I can’t quite seem to get tired of.

2 Likes

Jinjer is closer to what I like in post-hardcore and metalcore. I trend a bit harder though, and more punk, more wall of noisy - post-hardcore melodic hardcore punk is my jam for heavy guitar music. Things like blackgaze or hardcore punk.

Like, I think Oathbreaker’s album Rheia is a masterpiece. Here’s a pair of songs that open the album, best watched together as they flow in to each other and back together. Stick with it past the break at 2:20 :slight_smile:

tl;dr, if it’s on Deathwish or Pelagic Records, I will at minimum give it a shot.

For the punkier side in a recent band, I’m liking Gouge Away a lot. This song is pretty unusual for them IMO as it is way more accessible and post-hardcore/heavy shoegaze than they usually go, which is more hardcore punk. This is almost MBV/Sonic Youth/etc:

Seriously. Check out Deathwish’s channel. Trust me :slight_smile:

Current random pick there is a death metal supergroup with dudes from bands like Converge, produced by Kurt Ballou:

My version of this is definitely napalm records.

1 Like

Yeah solid too! There’s also Sargent House.

Pelagic, Sargent House: Post-metal and post-rock
Deathwish: post-hardcore, post-metal, metalcore
Napalm: Metal. Looooots of metal.

Jinjer would fit in fine on Deathwish too (in fact I thought they were :rofl:)

1 Like

Dammit now I’m on an Oathbreaker rip :rofl:

ok worse ways to start the day, fitting in with the mood actually. This is nice relaxing music for me.

1 Like

Sigh. Might as well just give in and go with it :rofl:

1 Like

There’s a lot to take in here. The discordant strings at the beginning are really jarring, maybe intentionally out of tune? The visuals with the sand are really cool. I’m going to have to spend some time with this I think.

1 Like

That whole album is top tier.

1 Like

Velvet black is much more sludgey than I expected.

1 Like

Yeah good things on all these labels, across a variety of punk, metal, and more post-hardcore genres

Oh, I like! Also the the idles song “I’m scum”. Instant ear worm :slight_smile:

New Nightwish single. I guess when you’re the biggest act in your genre you get to release 8-1/2 minute singles, which I definitely enjoy.

There’s also a lot of prominent bass :+1:

1 Like

Been a long time since I looked forward to a release, but tomorrow Electric Callboy is releasing a collab with Babymetal. German memecore meets Japanese kawaiicore. From the trailer it looks like EC is wearing disco balls on their heads. It should be bonkers.

and a rare sighting of Kobametal, aka The Fox God

This is like maybe the weirdest collab ever.

1 Like

There’s no adult in the room telling them it’s over the top. We have Koba on video - they’re leaning into it. It could be epic, it will be weird.

Babymetal is hosting the Fox Festival on Saturday at Super Saitama Arena and EC is a headliner, you know they will be doing this live, and that will be bonkers.

1 Like

It’s fun, catchy club song with a Eurobeat and metal elements. It’s just a really playful, summer song.

1 Like

I am going to ignore you from this day on :slight_smile:

1 Like